two

Bleu Jones

I stood in the corner of the room, watching as Harry engaged with every single person in the room. I'm not exactly sure if he actually knew who they each were, but he spoke to them like he did. This was obviously a big event for him, which made it understandable that we would get separated though I'm not sure why he'd invite a girl he just met, but his party, his rules.

The energy he had with everyone was absolutely breathtaking to see. His smile never left his face and you could see how engaged he was with each conversation. Each person spoke with him as if it was an honor to be in his presence, and he knew they felt this way and was gracious about it. For me, it was a damn honor to be on a date with him.

I hadn't even realized how lonely I must've looked till a brunette, who Harry introduced as Sarah I believe, walked up to me. We hadn't spoke much at first introductions, all I knew was she was his drummer and friend, because Harry wanted me to be acquainted with everyone before he had to depart.

She followed my gaze to Harry with a soft smile before speaking, "Bleu, right?"

I smiled and turned towards her and away from Harry, "Yes, and you're, forgive me if I'm wrong, but Sarah?" I spoke cautiously incase I said the wrong name because I couldn't quite remember with all the introductions.

She chuckled, and put her full attention on me just like I'd done her. Harry and her were similar that way. When you spoke to them, they made sure you knew how interested and focused they were on your conversation. It was refreshing, to say the least, since not many people seemed to do that.

"Was hoping you'd remember my name, the last girl didn't." She rolled her eyes at the past memory I didn't know of, and I felt a bit weird having it brought up right now.

I widened my eyes in surprise, confusion lacing my voice, "The last girl?"

Her eyes widened as well when she realized how bad what she said sounded before quickly explaining herself, "No, no not like that. They dated a while ago."

She looked around to make sure no one was going to interrupt before continuing, "Harry tends to, uh, wear his heart on his sleeve, but he never introduces them to his friends unless he has a good feeling about their relationship. Obviously, as you can see Harry has that feeling towards you."

"And the last girl?" I inquired, not really wanting to dwell on the fact Harry had a good feeling after about a minute of speaking with me.

"Camille. She was something, that's for sure. Had poor Harry wrapped around her finger... and then broke his heart. He was so in love, saw himself moving forward with her. But, she had a different idea. Harry's relationship with her brought her publicity, it was all she wanted." She sighed, before sympathetically looking at Harry who was engaged in conversation with multiple men in business attire.

"I'm guessing you didn't like her." I chuckled to lighten the dampened mood the topic had created.

Awkward.

She scoffed, "I don't know how anyone could. Harry introduced her to us, and she sat on her phone the whole damn time. Occasionally, Harry would attempt to engage her in the conversation and she would give one word answers or not even reply at all. One time when Harry got up to go to the bathroom, Mitch and I tried to talk to her and she called me Sadie and him Fred. Like what the fuck." She chuckled in disbelief.

I laughed along with her, feeling a bit rude for how easily I was hating the girl I hadn't even met yet, "Doesn't seem like a good match for Harry and I just met him."