twenty five

Bleu Jones

Harry took me into another room where I couldn't hear Anne and my mother arguing. He sat me down and held my hands in his lap, playing with the rings on my fingers.

After he didn't speak for a minute, I broke the silence, "What are you doing, Harry?"

"Playing with your rings, angel." He replied simply, letting his eyes meet mine while still aimlessly playing with the rings.

I pulled my hands away even though I didn't wish to. "We can't, Harry."

He sighed in annoyance, "Well why not Bleu? I understand why we couldn't before but now we have nothing holding us back. Camille is out of the picture, and Sarah told me Shawn is too."

"Shawn was barely even in the picture." I grumbled then gestured outside the room to where I believed Anne and my mother to be. "That is exactly why we can't be together."

He scrunched his nose, "All because our moms don't like each other? Look, I can get my mom to like yours if that is-"

I interrupted him quickly, "No Harry. I don't care if your mother likes mine, nobodies mother likes mine. That would be an impossible expectation to have. I'm talking about all the drama I cause Harry."

"You don't cause any drama for me, Bleu. You make me happy." Harry turned my head so I was looking him in the eyes. He searched my face for a reaction to his words.

"I caused drama with your fans when we first met. I caused enough to the point where they attacked me. Then, I caused you drama by breaking up with you if you could call what I did that. I caused drama when I first got here by not wanting to stay with you. I caused drama with my mother when I made breakfast yesterday. I caused drama now by making our parents fight over where I should be." I let out a shaky breath, "My mother even belittled your career and it's my fault. You don't deserve that, Harry."

"I deserve you Bleu, I want you and only you. It is not your fault my fans attacked you, they all aren't like that but some can be. You ending things with me helped me. It helped me to sort out my feelings and realize how much I was falling in love with you, not Camille. You had every right to not want to stay with me after how I made you feel, I caused that drama not you. Also I expected this all from your mother. Rachal and you have both filled me in on her ways, I would've been surprised if she was any different." Harry smiled kindly.

I groaned, "Why do you have to have such a way with words?"

"So you're saying you'll stay with me?" He smirked.

"No." I answered, "Just because you don't think it's drama doesn't mean it's not selfish of me to stay with you. It would kill my mother if I didn't live the life she wants for me. You would get caught up with me and your mind wouldn't be set on work. That's selfish of me."

"Please stop calling yourself selfish." Harry pleaded, "I don't know if you've noticed but your mother does not seem happy with anything you do. I'm not sure marrying a doctor will change her ways. Plus, if I do get caught up with you instead of work Jeff will find me and knock sense into me, then I'll balance you and work perfectly."

I stood up, "I don't know Harry. I need to go with my mother now, I need time to think. If you find someone else, just let me know."

"I won't."

"Okay, well if you do." He groaned at my word choice, "If you do, then just let me know." I exited the room swiftly, Harry following behind me. We had only been gone for a few minutes but Anne and my mother finished arguing.

My mother's head snapped to me, "You are a disappointment, Bleu Annabeth. Do not bother coming home, I see where your loyalty lies." She swiftly walked past me, leaving me in shock at her words.

My dad pulled me into a tight hug, "Don't listen to her, Bleu. I'm sorry, please call me soon." He left a kiss on top of my head before following my mother out of the door.

I stood shocked for a moment, "What just happened?"

"We just got rid of your problem." Gemma answered, still slightly angered about the events of the morning.

Anne sweetly grabbed my hand, "Get your bags, you're coming with me."

"Where are you going with her mum?" Harry asked before we could leave.

"You don't need to know. I'll be back tomorrow, she'll be back on New Year's Eve." Anne answered before taking me out of the door and towards one of Harry's cars.

"Are you okay sweetie?" She asked, not taking her eyes off the road.

"Why are you so sweet to me Anne? I broke your son's heart and I caused him all this drama." I asked.

She waved off my comment, "You didn't break his heart Bleu, you fixed it. I couldn't have asked for anything better for my son. He loves you very much, I can see it with the way he looks at you and how he speaks of you. You cause no drama, don't be silly. Your mothers actions and the things that you would consider drama are not drama to anyone else."

"I'm still feeling guilty over it all. This was supposed to be a good trip, and I ruined it. It was selfish of me to do so, and I'm sorry." I sighed.

"You do not owe me an apology, you made this trip more exciting if anything." She swatted my arm, "That will happen each time you call yourself selfish. You are far from it Bleu. I met you three days ago, and I adore you with all my heart. You are the girl for my son — everyone can see that. You're everything good in the world."

I blushed at her compliment, "Thank you Anne. I wish I could see that I was the one for him. I just feel selfish," she swatted my arm and I let out a chuckle before continuing, "for being the one with him when he deserves something better. Like a model or something."

"You are what he needs and deserves, Bleu. Don't bring yourself down anymore." Anne ordered.

If only it were that easy.