twenty four

Third Person POV

Breakfast was silent and bad the next morning. Bleu couldn't find the courage to cook it since her mother had ridiculed her for cooking it the last day and now she felt her cooking wasn't good.

The worst part was that Krista, Bleu's mother, didn't even realize she had done anything wrong. She actually felt she had done something right. For the first time since her daughter was born, she was proud of her.

The sound of the forks clanking on the plates were the only thing that could be heard that morning. Sarah's undercooked pancakes were not the hit of the morning, so the forks just played around with the food.

Mitch desperately wanted to break the silence so he spoke, "Harry's album is coming soon."

Anne smiled at the man for breaking the silence they had succumbed them, "I'm very excited and proud of you both. Harry told me you helped a lot, and Sarah — I'm sure you had some part as well."

"I mean it's basically my band, Harry's just the frontman." Sarah joked.

Krista spoke up in disgust, "Is being a musician really a career?"

Harry tried to speak as nicely as possible to the woman. He did want her to be his mother in law after all. "Yes, it is."

"Why wouldn't it be?" Gemma spoke sassily. She didn't care about this woman or her feelings in anyway.

Krista placed her fork down, and each member of her family looked away from her as they knew what was going to happen. "Being a musician is more of a hobby. It doesn't really get you anywhere important in life. Frankly, it's a waste of time and anyone who wastes their money on supporting musicians are a waste of time."

Bleu fiddled with her sweaters sleeves at her mothers words. She had just offended three of her friends, and her friends fanbase that she considered herself to be apart of.

"Krista." Robby scolded.

She shrugged, "I don't see an issue. Jenna asked a question, and I answered it." Gemma could only see red after the woman had the audacity to be rude to her brother and her friends then call her Jenna.

Bleu spoke up, "Mom, it's Gemma. Be a little more considerate."

Krista snapped her head towards her daughter in disgust, "Do not speak to me like that, Bleu. I will not take your disrespect."

Sarah scoffed, "You can't take her 'disrespect' but you can disrespect all of us." She gestured between Mitch, Harry and herself.

"I think you should get ready for your flight, Krista." Anne intervened.

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Christine." Gemma spat, using the wrong name on purpose.

Krista stood up quickly from her seat, "I will not take this harassment." She glared at Bleu, "You are coming with us and getting yourself out of these horrible friendships. That is final."

Bleu kept her head down, unsure of what to do. Her brothers and father stood with her mother and they all looked at her expectantly when she didn't follow.

"Bleu Annabeth." Krista scolded.

Robby went towards Bleu, rubbing her shoulder kindly. "Come on, sugarplum. It's alright."

A single tear fell down Bleu's cheek as she stood from her chair. She grabbed the dirty dishes around her, "Let me just clean this, please."

"Thats my girl." Robby smiled, walking away from the table and following the rest of his family to their rooms.

Once they were out of sight, Bleu spoke as she took the dirty dishes. "I'm sorry about that. What she said wasn't true and I hope you all don't let that affect your lives."

Anne placed her hand on Bleu's, stopping her movements. "Sweetheart, you don't have to go with them. Please stay."

Tears freely rolled down her cheeks, her voice didn't falter though. "I'm sorry. I hate this drama I've caused you all. Thank you for all you've done. Rachal, I will see you at home. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the trip." Bleu squeezed Anne's hand before letting go and grabbing the rest of the plates.

Rachal spoke up, "Bleu, please. You don't have to do what she says. I know it's hard but just stay."

Bleu shook her head, "All I do is bring drama to all of your lives. Look at what I'm doing right now. The life I want is impossible to achieve. I'm taking the easy way out." She turned to look at Harry, "I'm sorry, Harry. I know you'll find a great girl. Good luck with your career. I'll be the waste of time who supports you." She promptly exited the room, cleaning the dishes quickly before heading to her room to pack her bags.

The people that remained at the table sat in silence until they heard the water turn off in the kitchen and footsteps on the stairs.

"Tell me that didn't just happen. Please." Harry spoke quietly.

He had fallen so much for the girl. The time he spent with her was when he was the happiest. He adored the way she hopped down the staircase each morning, the way she danced while she cooked, the way she looked into your eyes when making conversation. The way she made the simplest outfits look gorgeous, the way she interacted with everyone around her. He loved her smile that she showed whenever she could, her eyes that shined brightly when she spoke, and her hands that she adorned in simple but gorgeous rings. He loves her.

"I'm sorry Harry. I shouldn't have snapped at her mom." Sarah instantly apologizes, guilt consuming her.

Gemma nodded in agreement, "I shouldn't have either. I didn't think the woman would force Bleu to leave with her."

"You can never predict Krista Jones' next move." Rachal tried to lighten the dull mood.

Anne slammed her hands down on the table in anger. The whole group jumped at the action, having never seen the kind woman act like that before.

"I will not take that kind of disrespect she showed her own daughter and you!" She pointed to Harry when she said you. "You allowed her into your home and out of the kindness in your heart, and she ridiculed your career!" Anne grabbed her purse quickly, fishing out her keys, "Bleu is going somewhere, but it's not her home."

Before Anne could explain further, Robby popped in and spoke, "I'm sorry for my wife's crude words. I am proud of my daughter and happy she found friends like you. I'm sorry she has to leave you like this."

"She doesn't have to leave us like this. Your sick wife is forcing her to!" Anne argued.

"It's for her own good. Krista is finally starting to show interest in Bleu. She just wants what is best for her." Robby argued back calmly.

"If she wants what is best for her, then she will be fine with Bleu coming with me." Anne crossed her arms, coming closer to Robby.

"What?" He asked in disbelief.

Bleu appeared behind the man to say her goodbyes, "Dad? What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong. You're going to be coming with me, sweetheart." Anne smiled sweetly at the girl.

"I can't do that. Mom wouldn't like-" Bleu began but she was cut off quickly.

"Mom wouldn't like what?" Krista asked entering the room where her husband and daughter were.

"Bleu is coming with me. She is not going back with you." Anne answered.

Krista laughed, "I don't think so."

"Anne really, I'll be-" Bleu tried to speak again.

Krista quickly cut her off, "Bleu, be quiet. The adults are speaking, please."

"And this is why she is coming with me. I understand she is your daughter, Christine. But this is no way to treat any human being. To come into my son's home and disrespect him after he let you stay here is unbelievable!" Anne began to rant and Harry tugged Bleu's hand to guide her out.