Chapter 3

Your POV
After I said bye to Bell, I walked slowly until I rounded the corner. I then sprinted to the other side of the alleyway and stop there.
The hell was that!? Can a Goddess really love a human? Is that legal? She was insane! Like hell I'm gonna NOT talk to Bell, he's one of the only friends I got other than Miach. I'm kind of an outsider compared to the rest of my Familia. Whatever, forget it, let's just go home. I thought, and with that I hurried home.

Time skip
"I'm back!" I say waltzing into home.
"Welcome back (y/n)," Miach speaks and then looks at me, "My my, that's quite a lot of blood. Hope you're not injured. We still have tonight to get through." Miach says kindly.
"Just a couple scratches, nothing too bad!" I answer.
"Alright, go and get cleaned up, I left a dress for you on your bed. Hurry now." He says.

I quickly go into the bathroom to take a shower. I take my clothes off and stare at the scars.
...disgusting, I think while looking at the mirror. I hop into the shower. I feel the hot water hitting my back. I move back a little. The water got super hot cos my skin wasn't used to the heat yet.
"Augh! Dammit." I mumble to myself as the heat continued to pound at my back. The water started to hit one of my scars and it triggered a memory.

Flash back
"(Y/n)," mum says, "It's time for your bath..." she hums. When I hear her say this, my body starts to shake violently.
She's angry...she doesn't let me take baths! Terrified, I run to hide in a corner and cover my ears.
"(Y/n), come out of the corner." She says gently.
She's going insane! She isn't talking in her normal angry tone! I stay silent. She doesn't say anything for awhile. I look up from my knees. She was standing right in front of me. I felt tears falling down my cheeks, and look back down.
"(Y/n), why aren't you talking to me?" Mum questions. The tears are still falling.
"(Y/n), answer me!" She says a little louder. I open my mouth to speak.
"I...I-I..." I start to hyperventilate. I look back up at her, and I can never explain the terror I felt.
"I said. It's time. For your bath." She forcefully grabs me by the wrist.
"Ouch! Ouch! Mummy, please! That hurts!"
"SHUT UP!" She shouts. I go silent.

She drags me to the kitchen. She fills the sink with cold water, all the way to the brim. She takes me by my (h/l) (h/c) hair, and shoves my head into the water. She holds me down there for what felt like forever, then she pulled me back up. I gasped for air, but was quickly shoved back into the water. She does this a number of times, then pushes me to the floor.
"Feeling clean yet?" She asks. I don't answer.
"...No?" She guesses, "Guess we'll have to try hot water.

She sets a kettle over the fire, and walks over to the living room.
"(Y/n), come here." She says. I'm hesitant, but I make my way over.
"Kneel." She orders. I kneel. Mum gets up, and leaves. I close my eyes, wishing for this to stop. I hear her footsteps come back. I look up at her, she's holding a leather belt, one that dad wears for work. I shut my eyes tight and wait for the pain to settle in. Nothing happens. I wait for a little while longer, then I feel someone tear my shirt open from the back. I look back and see my mum holding the burning hot kettle. The tears start to fall again. She begins to tip the kettle. Hot water spills out from the tip and onto my left shoulder. I scream in pain. CRACK. A stinging sensation to go along with the burning sensation.
"Scream, and I whip you." She threatens.

End flash back
I snap out of my trance when I hear knocking at the door.
"(Y/n), are you alright?" It was Miach.
"Y-yeah, I'm fine! Just...zoned out is all!" I lie. I quickly hop out of the shower and get changed.

Bell POV
After I showered, I went and got changed into some clean clothes.
Not much different from my usual wear, but it'll do.

I went to see if Hestia was ready to go. She was waiting by the door in a skimpy purple dress.
"How do I look Bell?" She coos.
"As beautiful as ever Goddess." I say politely. Hestia giggles and blushes.
"Why thank you Bell! And you're looking quite handsome yourself!" She squeals. I awkwardly smile.
"Alright! Let's go!" Hestia cheers.