Chapter 6: Getting Ready

*Tobias's POV*

After the testing, Cleo, Naomi, and I left into different rooms to get ready for the party. They both didn't say one word to me, they didn't even look at me.

I closed the door of my room behind me and sunk to the floor. As I hit the floor my falcon shrieked and flew to a ledge and perched himself there. 

Blood
Bone
Familiar
Assassin

How could I be so many things?

How was it even possible?

Did my father perhaps have something to do with it?

That last thought wasn't likely. He was just a regular warlock. 

The falcon shrieked down at me from his perch.

" Come here." I ordered.

He flapped his wings and flew down, stopping right at my feet. He cocked his head from side to side. Checking me out from different angles. He let out another shriek. Then I realised he was hungry.

Another thing I forgot to mention about the bond is that the life of the owner of the familiar and the familiar are linked. Meaning if I die he will die as well, but thankfully it is not the other way around, that would cause a lot of problems.

I unwrapped the cloth from my still bloody palm, I reached my hand out and let the blood pour. He opened his beak, letting the last drops fall down his throat. Once he had enough he shrieked then flew back up.

" You know I need to give you a name." I stated, only now remembering he needs a name.

"Yes you do master." he shrieked.

The communication bond has been created.

" Mm," I tapped a finger to my chin as I thought of the perfect name, then it came to me," how about Halin, after my father. "

"Wonderful, I like it. Thank you, master !" He shrieked in delight, flapping his wings.

"Anyway, I have to get ready ." I groaned pushing myself up.

I got dressed in the suit my mam got for me. It was just smart black pants with a black button-up shirt, shoes, and a black blazer. If it were up to me I wouldn't be wearing this but regrettably, these parties have to be a formal event. 

Once I was done getting dressed I had to put on my facial art. It was another tradition that the tested witches would wear paint on their forehead. It would just be a mark showing what magic type they are to use.

So laid before me in bowls was gold paint for assassin. Green for familiar, red for blood, and white for bone.

" Boy I'm gonna have lots of colours." I smirked. Halin responded with a laugh, or at least that's what I think it is. 

I dipped my thumb into the white first and pressed it onto my forehead. Alongside it, I placed green, then red, then gold. I looked back in the mirror and grinned at my forehead.

Blood
Bone
Familiar
Assassin

My moment of pride was interrupted by my hands beginning to tremble.

No, no, no, not now!

I sunk to the floor as my eyesight got blurry, sweat began to flow down my face. All the joints in my body felt like they were locking up, my eyes rolled to the back of my head. My head violently convulsed back against the wall and the vision began.