Chapter 26: The Plan

Taking a deep breath I readjust my tie. My snow-white tux blends in with the white vines hanging from the treetops. Red, purple, blue, and pink flowers were spread in different spots on the vines, like drops of paint on a canvas.

The light from the sun streamed down through the trees lighting up the red rose petal aisle towards the altar.

The sound of my family and the villagers buzzed in the air bringing a smile to my face.

The altar stood proud in the center of attention. The white wood like the vines was spotted with flowers.

Running to the altar I was met with smiles and "Congratulations". Today is the day I marry the love of my life.

I turned towards the groom section of the chairs and smiled at my mam sitting in the front row. Her hair hung loose in a half pony and her gold dress hugged her body, gracefully trailing down to the floor. The whole coven sat alongside her. Even Halin was sitting beside Lily.

" Are you ready?" The priest asked me.

" Ready as I'll ever be." I smiled and the music began to play.

I turned to face the end of the aisle and there she was.

Her gorgeous white dress trailed behind her as she slowly walked towards me. I yearned to see her face, her smile but her veil covered her face completely.

As she reached the altar the music came to a slow end. Taking her hand in mine I helped her up to the stand.

" May I take this off?" I asked her lightly tugging at her vail.

She nodded in response.

My smile grew wider as my fingers gripped the bottom of the vail and began to lift it.

Impatiently I basically ripped the veil off desperate to see my beautiful bride.

But to my utter dismay, the woman staring back at me was Naomi.

" What?" I stumbled back baffled.

Looking back at the crowd I gasped, all of the villagers were gone and only the coven members remained. Their once bright colour dresses and tux changed to midnight black.

" What's going on?" I asked reaching my hand up to reach for my head.

I stopped midair, my hand is caked in fresh blood. Drops rolled down my arms leaving behind a river of red.