Chapter 44: Reunited

*Ava's POV*

Eventually, after I don't know how long I stopped crying. Only letting out small sniffles and hiccups.

I held the pendant in my hands. My father and the rest of the men had stepped back, letting me have my space.

Naomi kneeled silently next to me muttering something under her breath.

" What are you doing?" I asked her.

" Praying." She said.

" I thought witches didn't pray to God." One of the men said.

They all looked at her for her answer, for her explanation.

" We don't," She chuckled," We pray to many things. We pray to the Dark Lord when we want gifts. We pray to Lillith when we want protection. But in this case, when a witch's soul and in some cases their body leave this physical plane we pray to the spirits to keep them safe."

" So he is alive?"

" That pendant holds a small sliver of an astral plane inside. When a witch commits a crime against her coven or his coven the leader transports them into their pendant and as punishment, they drain that witch's power for their own," She explained," So yes he is alive. They all are." She added.

" Doesn't that mean they can just come out?" Gareth asked.

" No, only the leader can allow anyone to escape. After he killed Lizzie Tobias became the leader and only he can release them."

" And why did he have to go inside?" I asked.

" Some witches have been known to poison the line of magic that the leader uses. They turn the leader into their slave and have them release them. Tobias knew that and so he decided that the best way to stop that is to be in there with them."

Hearing all this from Naomi made me feel a little better.

" At least he is alive." I smiled. 

"Ava honey, I think we should leave now." Said, my dad.

I answered with a small nod. 

Keeping the pendant in my hand I stood up. As I turned around, the pendant started to light up. It started to burn my palm and I threw it to the ground screaming.

" What in God's name is happening?" Gareth yelled in fear.

We all stood in awe and fear as the light grew brighter. A circle of light appeared around the pendant and in the center stood two figures.

Even though the light was bright I could see that one of the figures wore a dark hood. Once the glow ceased and I saw the second figure my heart nearly jumped out of my chest.

It was Tobias.

At first, I thought I was seeing a ghost or it was just my imagination. But when I saw all the men could clearly see him too I knew it was real. The hooded figure picked up the necklace, nodded at Tobias then disappeared. 

We stared into each other's eyes for what felt like hours, I wanted to move but my feet were stuck.

" Ava." He whispered, tears blurring his eyes.