Chapter 25: Naomi

Naomi looks at me in fear and confusion.

Gareth and Ava looked between us. Their eyebrows bent in confusion causing wrinkles to appear on their foreheads.

A familiar shriek of a falcon echoed outside and Lily flew inside landing on Naomi's shoulder.

" How do you guys know each?" Gareth asked turning his gaze towards Naomi.

" We are in the same coven." I explain.

" We are also engaged." Naomi added.

I gave her a dirty look.

" What just making sure everything Is out there." She laughed shrugging her shoulders. 

" Good point." I chuckled.

" Did you just agree with me?" She asked her eyes twinkling with excitement.

" Yeah, I suppose I did." I sighed crossing my arms over my chest.

" Yes!" She yelled over and over again as she pumped her fist in the air.

Ava and Gareth chuckled at her reaction. Even I was trying not to fall crying with laughter.

" Does she always act like this?" Ava asked leaning her body closer to me.

" Only in the day's ending in Y." I chuckled.

" I feel bad for you."

I looked back at Naomi running around like an idiot and Gareth trying his best to calm her down.

" Yeah, I feel bad for me too." I sighed.

" Can you guys please help me stop her?" Gareth pleaded, his voice shaky from his heavy breathing.

" Naomi Magie Riggs you stop running this instant!" I yelled doing my best imitation of her mom.

My throat tingled as I forced my naturally deep voice into a not very convincing girl's voice.

Naomi stopped dead in her tracks. Her excited expression twisted into one of embarrassment.

" Who told you my full name?" She asked her cheeks turning a light shade of red.

" Your middle name is Magie?" Gareth chuckled wrapping his arms around her slim waist.

" Shut up." She whined crossing her arms across her chest, trying to shrink into herself.

" I heard your mom call you it a while ago. I think it was after you covered Violet's face with warts."

" Oh yeah, but I only did that because she turned my shampoo into bleach and my hair came out white."

" What the hell do you guys do to each other back there?" Ava asked looking back and forth at us.

" It's all good fun babe." I beamed nudging her elbow with mine.

" Bleaching hair and cursing someone with warts is fun." Gareth gasped.

" Oh please, that's nothing compared to what we used to do to each other. One time Tobias turned me into a rat and I came so close to being cut open by Martha."

Gareth and Ava looked back at me, horror painted on their faces.

" I only did that because you blinded  me for a week and refused to undo the spell."

" Oh yeah, that was hilarious. You fell so many times." She laughed, her eyes clouding with tears of joy.

" Completely new subject what are you doing here and with this mortal?" I asked nodding towards Gareth.

" I should be asking you the same thing, mister."

" Ava and I are mates." I explained pulling Ava closer to me.

" Yeah well so are Gareth and I."

And just like that, it all made sense. When I thought Naomi was hiding something, her crying after the announcement of our betrothal and her being in the woods during the hunt when she was supposed to be at the temple.

" Did you just malfunction or something." Naomi chuckled poking my forehead with her nail.

" What no, everything has just made much more sense now. So how long have you guys been together?"

" About six months now, how about you guys?"

" Just a few weeks."

" But I highly doubt we'll be together after the weddings." Ava sighed wiping a tear from her cheek.

" I told you I'll come up with a plan to get us out of this." I reassured her.

" Have you come up with a plan because I could use one right now?" Naomi asked.

" Sorry I don't have one. I've been trying to come up with a plan but my brain just isn't cooperating with me."

" When is it ever," she laughed.

Giving her a dirty look she immediately shut up.

" Sorry, anyway how about the four of us come back here tomorrow and come up with a plan. Because I don't know if you guys are noticing but time is running out."

"That sounds like the start of a plan. We should get going or else Ava's dad is going to send the whole town to search for her."

" Really?" Naomi scoffed.

" Yeah, he did it before after I got lost in the woods about one year ago." She laughed.

" Well then let's get going." Naomi giggled linking her hand with Gareth's.

" So much for a night alone." I whispered in Ava's ear.

I smiled as small goosebumps formed on her skin.

" Let's just go." She giggled testing her head on my shoulder.

As we reached the outskirts of Hawthorn Naomi and I bid Gareth and Ava goodnight. Leaning under a bush we watched as they walked to their homes.

" How many different plans have you made up?" Naomi asked.

" At least a hundred." I scoffed.

" What are we going to do?"

" I don't know but we need to come up with something."

" Yeah, walk me home." She commanded.

" Since when does the big bad witch need someone to walk her home."

" Sometimes I just don't feel like walking alone." She shrugged.

" Fine let's go."

" Aren't you worried about your mam sending a village to look for you?" She chuckled.

" Please I could go missing for ten years and she would send anyone to look for me."

The chilly night air bit at my skin as we sauntered down the chipped path towards the temple. The moon bathed us in its blinding light. The trees whistled with the wind.

" Beautiful night isn't it?" Naomi asked.

" Oh yeah, it's a glorious night for frostbite."

" Tobias do you love Ava?"

" Wow, where did that come from?"

" Just answer the damn question."

" Yes, I love Ava with every molecule in my body."

" Then you will understand how much I love Gareth and how badly I want to be with him forever. We need to make a plan to escape the clutches of our coven or else we will lose the people we love forever."

" I won't let that happen."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Sorry if this chapter wasn't very interesting I had miner writer's block while writing this.

morgangrigori❤