Chapter 45: I Do

" So what do you think?" Naomi asked.

I gazed out at her masterpiece. After the engagement, Naomi insisted she had to be our wedding planner. Neither Ava nor I could disagree. It was very obvious that Naomi had a better flair for decorating and all that other important things than we did so we let her have free rein over this whole thing and I certainly don't regret it.

The church looked unrecognizable. White and gold cloth hung over the ceiling and down the walls. A gold aisle ran along the floor up to the rose-covered altar. The back of every pew was also laced with the cloth and secured with blood-red roses.

" It is absolutely amazing," I smiled," Must have taken you hours."

" Nope, it only took half an hour. Life works faster when you still have magic." She smirked.

Ever since that night we defeated the witches Naomi has been droning me that now that I am human she is the greatest between the two of us. And technically she is right.

Sometimes I do miss my magic, miss the power. But then I look over at Ava and the longing for my magic disappears like dust in a wind.

" Now time for you to get dressed." She commanded.

I stood in front of the full-body mirror looking at the tux Naomi had made for me.

It's just a simple black shirt, black pants and a black blazer with a red rose clipped to the pocket like ones I've worn before but today I actually enjoy wearing it. 

" The guests are arriving." Naomi said from behind me.

She too has also changed. A peach off-shoulder dress clung to her body draping to the floor. Her hair is strung up in what looks like a very complicated braid to do. A Dutch braid I think she called it once. Her eyes are painted with gold eyeshadow and her lips are blood-red.

" Well don't you look fancy." I smirked. 

" Oh shut up you've seen me all dressed up before. Now get your soon-to-be-married ass to that altar." She commanded.

" Yes, mam." I smirked.

As I stood at the altar and looked out at the ocean of people staring back at me I felt more nervous than I've ever been.

" Are you ready?" Father Lanik asked as I straightened my tie.

" Ready as I'll ever be." I sighed shakily.

He nodded at the piano player who then began to play the traditional bridal tune. The church doors swung open. Everyone stood up as Ava and her father walked in.

A smile pulled tightly on my lips as I looked at my beautiful bride walking towards me.

She wore a simple, white dress with thin straps for sleeves. Naomi wanted to get her a bigger more princess-like dress but Ava refused. Apparently, the dress she is wearing now was her mother's.

And I'm glad she said no to the princess dress because this one suits her figure much better. Along with her hair that was tied in a neat bun and a long veil that dragged behind her she looks like a princess.