Chapter 39: Allies

*Tobias's POV*

Thunder clouds roared in the distance and lightning lit the afternoon sky. The waves rose higher and higher and I fear my small boat sound hold on for long.

" Halin do you see anything?" I yelled over the waves crashing against the side of the boat.

Halin swooped into the air above me then immediately came back down.

" I could faintly see it master but I don't think we will make it. The storm is vastly approaching."

A giant wave crashed against the side of the boat. Halin shrieked as the boat tipped to the side, just before we fell into the freezing water the boat tipped back.

" We need to get off the water."

" I agree master."

I turned around towards the back of the boat and with a deep breath, I placed my hand into the icy water.

" Mare venti spiritus invoco Resp. Auxilium dux mihi haec propter me tempestas ergo deserere!" I yelled.

The water around my hand began to twist and turn in a clockwise direction. Faster and faster and soon a tornado formed under the sea. And like lightning, the boat shot off towards the island of Deliah.

As we neared land the bottom of our boat bashed against a rock under the water and I along with the boat were flung into the air and crashed onto the damp and on the shore.

While sputtering sand and water out my mouth I pushed myself up.

" Master are you alright?" Halin asked as he swooped down into my shoulder.

" I've been worse," I smiled," We need to keep moving we don't have much time."

I pulled my hood up to obscure my face as I neared the village. Like Kazan, Deliah only had one town only this one is much bigger.

I stuck to the shadows of the rooftops as I used a spell to find Naomi and Gareth. Finally, I found them in a small house on the edge of town.

I swiftly jumped off the roof and knocked on their back door, not wanting any of the people in the streets to see me.

" Who is it?" Naomi called from behind the door.

" Somebody who would very much like to get inside before o freeze my arse off." I chuckled.

The door swung open to reveal a smiling Naomi.

" Tobias." She beamed.

" You just gonna stand there and smile at me or will you let me in because It really is freezing out here." I said.

" Bastard." She muttered as she stepped aside and allowed me to enter.

" Tobias, what brings you here?" Gareth asked.

" Lily!" Halin shrieked with excitement as he swooped down to a black cat that was seated by the fireplace.

Lily jumped up and hugged Halin.