Chapter 28: Wedding Day

Three hours
Ten minutes
Six seconds

Until I'll be standing at an altar beside Naomi, or at least that's what my mam and everyone else thinks.

" Hurry up we have to get to the temple and get you to your dressing room!" My mam yelled banging at my door.

She has been hounding me to hurry up for the last half an hour. I had to get up at six o'clock. SIX O'CLOCK!!!!!

" Come on Halin let's go, lots to do today." I sighed.

With one swoop of his big wings, Halin flew down from his perch and onto my shoulder.

" I'm actually going to miss this place." Halin said taking one last look at the room.

" I can understand your pain, I feel the same way. But we are going to greater things, to live a better life. One where we can go anywhere we please, live however we want to live and not by this coven's rule," I explained," Are you ready to go?" I asked looking up at him.

" Yes, master I'm ready."

" Well then let's go." I smiled.

Looking back out at my room I sighed as I stepped out of the door. As the door closed, my room along with my old life began to slowly fade away, and then as the door clicked shut it disappeared, forever.

The feeling of my shoes hitting the light blanket of snow sent me into a state of calm. And with what has to happen today I need to be calm.

" What a glorious day for a wedding." My mam smiled looking around at the snow.

" It's a little chilly." I groan.

" Tobias I'm so proud of you."

Did I just hear that right?

"What?" I gasped halting in my tracks.

" I'm proud of you," she repeated," this wedding, you and Naomi uniting will help this coven. And that is why I am proud of you. You are putting your devotion for the coven over your feelings." She added, with a large smile on her face she rested her hands on my shoulders.

Really! This gets her to be proud of me!!!

As much as I want to scream in her face I have to hide my anger. I can't have this ruin the whole plan. So I shove my anger towards her deep down and replace it with a fake but realistic smile.

" Thanks, mom." I mumble.

Yeah, thanks for finally being proud of me, it only took you forcing me into something I didn't want.

" Now, let's get a move on we need to get you ready."

" We?" I asked.

Please let that just be an expression.

" Well yeah, Nathan will be helping you with getting ready." She explained.

" That doesn't sound good master."

Yeah, tell me about it.

" I'm a big boy I can dress myself."

" That's not what he will be helping you with. Do you remember anything we told you yesterday?" She asked her hands gripping her waist.

Oh shit, the cleansing.

Before a warlock gets married another warlock must help him cleanse himself. Basically, I have to lay down and have Nathan give me a quick massage with special oil.

It's definitely going to delay the time we have to escape. I will either have to get Nathan to not do it or when it's done I'll have to run like a bat out of hell.

" Of course I remember. It's just the stress and all the emotions of today made me temporarily forget," I chuckled," Anyway let's get going, I need to get ready." I smiled.

I gently pushed past her and we both set off.

Two hours
Forty-five minutes
Ten seconds

As soon as I reached the temple I was rushed to a room on the far end of the temple.

But even though I was being rushed I could still make out some of the decorations that were being set up.

It's pretty much like a normal wedding, with a large altar, chairs, an aisle, and some cloth hung around the pillars. However, instead of all the decorations being pretty colours they are all black. The altar is the only thing that isn't black, it's a dark grey which actually isn't any better.

" Here is your room, I'll see you when the ceremony starts."

Yeah, I'll see you there- not.

The only thing inside the room was a table right in the center, a closet with a tux hanging on the handle. Oh and Nathan.

" You look disappointed to see me." He chuckled.

You have no idea.

" No, I just completely forgot that we had to do this. I just thought I would be alone." I shrugged.

" Sorry, you are stuck with me. But this won't be too long." He chuckled.

" How long exactly will this be?"

" About an hour maybe more." He replied.

That's too long. Guess I'll have to go with option C- knock him out and run.

" Okay, so how does this work again?"

" You really didn't listen yesterday did you?" He laughed.

" Nope." I laughed. 

" Okay so just lay down on the table so long while I quickly make the oil," he explained," oh and you'll have to take your shirt off." He added.

Slowly walking to the table I hazed around the room for anything that I could use to knock Nathan out.  But I was also weighing my risks. I may be good at fighting but Nathan has years more experience than me.

Jackpot!!

My eyes landed on a broken pipe laying in the ground.

I quietly rushed over to the pipe and picked it up.

" Alright let's- why the fuck do you have tha-"

Before he could finish his sentence I ran at him, the pipe raised in the air.

Just as I suspected he immediately moved into a defensive position. As I brought the pipe down he moved his hand up just as I thought. Using my quick reflexes I shifted to the left and double punched his stomach making him gasp in pain. Using his pain to my advantage I brought the pipe down again and this time it made contact. The pipe cracked against Nathan's skull and the blow made him drop to the ground with a thud.

" How long will he stay down master?"

" I don't know but we need to hurry."

Slinging Nathan over my shoulder I stuffed him into the closet and pushed the table against the doors.

Step one of the plan is complete, now on to step two.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!