Chapter 20: Arrangement

*Ava's POV*

For as long as I can remember I've always felt like I was drawn to something. Like I was tied to someone with an invisible rope that was slowly tugging us together. Little did I know that person is a warlock who everyone is afraid of.

When I first saw him I had to stop myself from going to him. I had to stop myself from running into his arms and kissing him.

But when he made the ground shake and he scared all those people including me, I started to hate myself for wanting to be with someone like that.

But as time went on I stopped denying my feelings for him.

The other day, after he yelled at me I ran home and burst into tears. My heartbroken sobs filled the empty house. I cried until there were no more tears left in my body.

The day after that I walked around with a shattered heart. The only thing that made me feel better was singing.

When I heard the falcon squawking I instantly knew who it was. When I saw him sitting there, I was still shocked but I was also happy.

But the happiness I felt then is nothing compared to now.

As I walked to the bakery everyone greeted me with a smile and a wave.

When I was younger I found the constant attention people were giving me very confusing. I wasn't anything special, I was just the shy little girl who lost her mother. When I asked my father, he said people are paying attention to me because I look so much like my mom.

He did have a point, I did have her flowing orange hair, fair skin, and sapphire blue eyes. So many people see me being the only thing left of my mother. Everybody tells me that she was the most loved person in the village. She always put others before herself and was an excellent healer. When she passed away the whole village came to her funeral. Everybody loved my mom and now that love has transferred to me.

I smiled as I reached the bakery. I've always loved to bake, I've been baking since I was six. Ms. Weberly offered me a job four years ago after her old assistant died during a harsh winter.

The bell above the door shook, ringing its tune as I pushed the door open and walked in. The smell of fresh-baked bread and muffins filled the air making my tastebuds crave their sweet taste.

" Good morning Ms. Weberly." I chirped hanging up my coat.

" Good morning Ava. How are you today?" She smiled packing up the last of the loaves of bread onto the shelf.

" Amazing." I smiled, remembering the romantic night last night with Tobias.

" Oh, really." She smirked.

" Yeah, I slept like a lot last night so that must be why I'm feeling great." I stumbled.

" Well, that's lovely. Now the lumberjacks order for their tea time is ready and I need you to get on that."

" Will do." I smiled.

One of my duties is delivering the bread and muffins to the village's lumberjacks. Every year during the fall they go out and collect the village's supply of wood to last us the winter. And like every other person, they need to eat.

Ever since Ms. Weberly has gotten too old to move around a lot I have to go and deliver the food. Not that I'm complaining, I enjoy taking a brisk walk along the trail.

Feeling the crisp air against my face and chilling my lungs. Listening to the twigs and fallen leaves crunch under my shoes. Listening to the distant sound of the animals rummaging around for food for their hibernation. Not to mention I get to see more of my dad.