Chapter 1

It's been a while when Sana came back to Seoul. They originally live in Daejeon. Her parents moved to the capital city of South Korea because this is where their business is now based.

This time she will be living here to study about business. Her dad wants her to learn more about it so that she can help her older brother running their family business in the future. But Sana doesn't have any interest in it. All she wants is to become a doctor, but her father doesn't want her to pursue it. He said it's a waste of time, and that they already have a business to take care of.

So as a good daughter, Sana obeys her parents. She always obeyed their orders; what course to take, which school to attend, and even how to act in front of many people. She's used to it before but she's slowly getting tired recently.
Does she really need to do what they want her to do? She's an adult now and wants to decide on her own, as she thought. But here she is, she doesn't want to disappoint them because she loves them so much.

"Here we are, Ms. Sana." The driver told her as she stared outside the car window.
They're finally now in their house in Seoul. Her Mom and Dad are waiting for her in the dining area.

"Welcome back, Sweetie." Her mom hugged her.

"Hello, mom. I miss you." She kissed her cheek.
"Hi, dad. How are you?" She kissed him in his cheek as well.

"Well, we're fine as you can see. By the way, I already enroll you in one of the best universities here in Seoul. Get ready tomorrow because I'm going to go with you there." Her dad said.

"Dad, do you really wanna do that? I'm not in grade school anymore." Sana pouted. Her father always does that for he knows she was forced to take the course.

"Yes, I want to make sure that you are going to attend the class. I already talked to some professors to keep an eye on you," He replied as he stares at her.

Sana mentally rolled her eyes.

"Okay, that's enough. The food is ready." Her mom interrupts their discussion.

"By the way, where is Jin Oppa mom?" Sanaa asked her mom who is now sitting in front of her.

"He's still in the office. He said he'll be coming home late." She answered.

"Ohh okay, " Sana simply replied.

"Look, Sana. Your brother needs you to help him to run the business. It is only you and your brother that I can trust. So please, take this seriously." Her dad said in his serious tone.

Sana lowered her head and sigh.
"Okay, dad." She nodded, giving her half-smile.
'Yes, my dad is right. We are the only ones he could trust to run the business. My brother has also sacrificed his dream just to please my dad. Maybe I can also do the same.' She whispered to herself.

~

Sana is now at the university. It's so big that she will be lost anytime.
Today was the first day of school.
Sana entered her classes.
And as the classes go by, she became less interested in it. Don't blame her cause she tried her best to listen but her mind and her heart are not cooperating.

As weeks and months passed by, she still attended her class for the sake of her father. But Sana doesn't think she can pass all the subjects. Because as much as she made an effort to understand the lessons, she always fails to do it because she doesn't love what she is doing.

Today is Sana's birthday,
She wants to enjoy this day and celebrate it with her family.

As she arrived home, Sana was about to go upstairs to get changed but she stops when her father's assistant approach her.

"Ms. Sana, you're finally here. Your dad wants to talk to you. He's in his office right now." Her dad's assistant informed her.

Sana became nervous and thought her father might already saw her grades.

She knocks the door and opens it when she heard her dad shouted to open the door.

"Dad?"...

Her father faced her and walked towards her direction. He throws the small card that he's holding right in her face.
Sana's right. He already saw her grades.

"Do you really want to embarrass me and our family? Look at your grades, Sana! That's unbelievable!" He shouted.

"I'm sorry, Dad."
She whispered and lowered her head. She doesn't know what to say now.

"Sorry? Is that all that you say? Why can't you just do good just like your brother?" He yelled again.

"I'm really sorry, Dad." Sana finally cried.

"No, sorry is not enough. Do your best!" Her father shouted again. His face turned red because of anger.

"I did my best, Dad."

"Is this your best? How can I trust you to leave the company if this is your best? Sana, I gave you everything. My support, money, and all your needs and even your wants. " He continued.

"Yes dad, you gave me everything but not my freedom to choose what I want." Sana cried out. Her tears are falling from her eyes. She cannot take this anymore.

And a big palm hits her left cheek. Her father slapped her.

Sana can't believe her own father just hit her. Her tears are now falling not because of the pain but because she's hurt her father just did that to her. She smiled bitterly but there's a pain in her eyes. She lifts up her head and stares at her father.
"Wow! What a great present on my birthday." She told him and she ran out of the house.

Sana cries while running away from their home. She wants to be away from everything. She hates this life. She obeyed her parents especially her father. She tried her best to do what they want although in the first place she doesn't want to. She became a good daughter to them in her entire life. Can't they at least let her do what she really love?

Sana sat down at the bus stop, a bus just stops in front of her. She doesn't know but she went inside and rode the bus. She has no idea where to go, all she wants to do is to run away and escape from everything.

Sana rested her head on the glass window of the bus. She started outside and her eyes look up to the sky. The sun is about to set anytime. She's supposed to have a great time today since it's her birthday but it messed up because of her situation right now.
Sana let out a heavy sigh and looked down.
She felt the bus stop at one station. Sana lifted her head and her eyes lit up when she saw the seashore nearby. She immediately stood up and told the bus driver she's going to get off the bus.

Sana closes her eyes as the wind blows through her face. She smiled, more on a sad smile as she walks nearer to the beach. She stops a few meters away from the shore.
She kicks the sands and puts her hands on both sides of her pants and soon she started to cry again. She wiped off her tears and started to shout all her emotions.

She wants to release all her bad feelings. She has no one to talk about it right now so she decided to scream it all seems no one is here around the beach.

Sana stops. She's out of breath now because of shouting and crying at the same time.
She sniffs and tears are still falling down.

And then she heard someone say...

"Here. "

Sana lifted her head and look at the person.

--
A/N:
Hello! Welcome to my story. I hope you find this chapter interesting. Enjoy the rest of the book. :)