Chapter 43

Sana's POV

"Let's get married then."

I almost choked on my food.
And look at him right away.

'Isn't he joking?'
'But no! He looked so serious. He looked so damn serious.'

I gulped. I feel like my whole body is sweating. I started to fake a laugh.
"Stop making jokes, Jungkook." I'm stammering.

"I'm not joking, Sana," he said and his eyes still piercing at me.

I became stiffed and almost drop my food on the plate. I'm starting to get nervous.

"Yah! Don't take marriage lightly, Jungkook-ah." I glared at him.

"Wae?" he crossed his brows.

"You can't say that to someone out of the blue. It takes a lot of time to decide to marry someone. And besides, we're not even in a relationship, why would you ask me to marry you?" I explained to him.

"Then, be mine," he said to me straightforward.

I stared at him for a few seconds and laugh because of disbelief.
"Yah! Jungkook-ssi." I look at him seriously.
"I'm sorry but I will say no," I added.

"Why?" his face suddenly became worried and lean towards the table looking at me.

"You're rushing things, Jungkook. You can't say that spontaneously without thinking properly. And like I said don't take these things lightly." I said in a serious tone.

He leaned back and nod his head, crossing his arms over his chest. He's blinking a couple of times up in the air. He's maybe thinking something.
I stared at him, observing his movement.

"Fine," he said and lean back towards me.
"I get it, Sana. I get what you mean. I'm sorry for rushing things out. I'm sorry if I made you surprised and made you feel uneasy about it. But please.." he stopped looking straight into my eyes.
"Please, let me court you. Let me win your heart." he looked at me intently. And I can see through his eyes that he's sincere.

I was speechless. I don't know what to respond to. My heart started to beat fast rapidly.

"I promise I will never rush things starting now. I want to take one step at a time because I know this is what you want. But please, allow me to court you and show you how serious I am about you." his eyes fixed on me, looking through my soul.

I lowered my gaze and ran my fingers to my lap. I feel butterflies in my stomach.
"Sana.." he continued. I look at him again.
"I promise I'll wait for your answer." and he gave me an assurance smile.

I nodded my head and smiled back at him.
We heard Wookie giggled while watching at us. I forgot that he's here the whole time. I closed my eyes because of embarrassment. I heard Jungkook chuckled and he ruffled Wookie's hair.

~
Sana's POV

I'm almost done preparing for my training today. I check myself in the mirror for the last time before leaving. I saw circles under my eyes, I didn't get enough sleep because of what Jungkook said last night.
I put light make up covering the dark circles.

"I'm all good," I mumbled to myself.
I grab my bag and white coat hanging on the wall.

My phone suddenly rings.
I glance at the phone screen. It was Jungkook.
'Why is he calling this early?' I whispered.

"Hello, Jungkook?" I answered.

"Good morning, Sana. Are you done preparing?" He immediately asked.