Chapter 31

Sana's POV

We're finally done eating.
Jungkook decided to watch cartoons with Wookie. I cleaned up the dining table and throw all the garbage into the trash bin.
I went upstairs to read a book since they're having a father-and-son bonding.

2 hours later someone knocks on the door, I open it. It was Jungkook carrying a sleeping Wookie.

"He fell asleep," he whispered and he laid him down on the bed.
I cover him up with the blanket.
"Thank you, Jungkook," I said in a low voice.

He nodded his head. "You can also rest now. Good night," he said while smiling then left.

~
I cannot sleep. I feel so uneasy, so I decided to continue what I'm reading earlier.
I get up and stretch my body from sitting for a long time. I glanced at the window and saw how beautiful the night sky is. I decided to go out and see it for myself.

When I step on the balcony I stretch both my hands widely and breathe the fresh air while closing my eyes.
I exhale and put down my hands and smiling like a kid.

I heard someone chuckling. I was frightened and hug myself and turn my head to where it comes from.

"I thought it's a ghost or what," I complain while holding my chest. He scared the hell out of me.

Jungkook was sitting on the darker side of the balcony, maybe that's why I didn't notice he was there.
He laughs out loud at my reaction. I gave him a death glare.
"I'm sorry. I just can't disturb your moment earlier. But why are you still awake?" he asks and walks towards where I'm standing.

"I cannot sleep. There's a lot going on on my mind." I answered plainly.

"Like what?" he asks again.

I move to the balcony seat to sit down. He followed me and sit beside me.

"About the school, my internship, my dad's condition, about Wookie, and a lot more," I stated.

"Wae? What about our son?" he asked.
I suddenly felt butterflies in my stomach when he said "our son".

"Since the internship will start soon, I'm afraid I will be busy and can't make time with Wookie," I answered with a sad face.

He moves his head upside down while listening.
"Don't worry about that. Just focus on your studies. I can fetch Wookie every day and spend time with him, so you wouldn't be worried about him." he said in a calm voice.
I gave him a closed-mouth smile. "Thanks for that."

We were silent for a moment.

"I'm Sorry, Sana," he said all of a sudden.

"Why? Why are you saying sorry?" I ask him with confusion shown on my face.

"I'm sorry you have to set aside your dream to become a doctor because of what happened to you. If you didn't get pregnant, you would be a doctor by now," he said in a very serious tone. I can see the sincerity in his eyes.

"Honestly, I think about that too. But you know what? I realized my life became more meaningful when Wookie came. Because before I'm doing it for myself but now I have a purpose why I'm doing this. Like I have a reason why I need to work hard because my son is looking up to me." I said to him.
"So, don't be sorry Jungkook. At first, we might think it is an accident but it turned out to be a blessing." I gave him a heartwarming smile. I didn't know I already held the top of his hand. I instantly remove it,
but he immediately grabs it and wraps it with his hands.

My heart starts beating fast. I think my body is freezing now.
"Your hands are cold," he said and he grabs my other hand. My heart beats even faster now.

He's rubbing his soft hands to mine to make it warm.
He glanced at me and gave me the most wonderful smile he could give.

'Why is he doing this to me? Why am I feeling this way?'

All I can hear now is the sound of the waves crashing on the shore.
A cold wind crept on my spine that sends shivers to my whole body. Jungkook noticed my discomfort. He let go of my hand.

"Wait here," he mumbled. I watch him get inside the house and a few minutes later he went back with a jacket in his hand.

"You easily get cold. No wonder Wookie got that from you," he whispered and sit back beside. He leaned closer placing the jacket on my body. Our faces were a few inches away. He stared at me closely.

'Why am I feeling a sense of deja vu?'
'Feels like it happened before.'

Yeah, it happened 5 years ago. I was a little tipsy at that time but I can still remember everything.

Jungkook is still staring at me. His eyes pierce at me. It's my first time to stare at him closely again after those years. His face doesn't change much, he looks even more handsome now.

His eyes darted to my lips and I felt his soft warm hand touches my face.
My heart is pounding. I'm palpitating like I can no longer even breathe.
His face leaned closer to me. I can feel his breath brushes on my cheeks. He smells so manly good, his intoxicating smell made me lose my self-control.
I closed my eyes. And his lips finally touch mine. His lips were so soft. He kissed me gently, carefully. I kissed him back. Our lips are in sync. He slowly deepens the kiss while both his hands are on my jawline. I respond to the kiss fervently.
He suddenly broke the kiss that made me startle. We're both breathless. He lowered his head while still holding my face.
"I'm sorry," he mumbled then left.

And he left me speechless.