Chapter 18

Sana's POV

"Sana...
Go back to Korea with me."

My body froze when he said that.
I blinked multiple times.
"What?" my eyes furrowed.

"Let's go back to Korea. I want Jae Wook to be near to me. I don't want to be away from him for too long. And I'm not comfortable leaving you two here." he explained.

"Jungkook, we'll be fine here. We've been living here for a long time and nothing bad happened to us.
And you can still talk and play with Wookie through video calls. And besides..." I stopped and sighed.
"And besides I'm not ready to go back there," I said in a low voice.

"Why?" he asked while his forehead creased.

"Because of my father." I looked down.

He was silent and he nodded. I can sense that he's sad about me refusing his offer.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. I understand what you're trying to imply but it's better for us to stay here. We're more safe and secure here. I hope you understand me." I said while looking straight into his eyes.

He nodded his head slowly.
"I respect your decision, Sana. But if something bad happens please don't hesitate to give me a call," he said.

"Okay, I will. And thank you for understanding." I said to him.

~

Jungkook finally bid goodbye to us. He already told Wookie about him leaving tomorrow. We explained the situation, although he's a bit sad he understands. He's a very smart kid. I think he got that from his father.

I don't know why am I feeling a little sad about it. Maybe Jae Wook will be lonely again because he is used to his father's presence in a short period of time.

I can't help thinking about Jungkook's offer about us going back to Korea, I'm still not ready to go back. I haven't talked to my father since then. Whenever my mom and I talked over the phone, I always asked her about dad. She will tell me about what happened to dad recently and how is he.

'And speaking of mom, why is she's not calling me recently?' I grabbed my phone and dialed my mom's number. It rang a couple of times but she didn't pick it up. I put down my phone.
I tried to contact my brother but he is also not answering my call. Maybe they're busy. I decided to call back next time.

~

Jungkook' s POV

I'm now sitting on a first-class flight on our way back to South Korea.

I tried to convince Sana to go back with me because I can't bear to be away with them. I cannot visit them right away whenever I wanted to. I have to travel 11 hours just to see them and that's making me impatient.

I remembered she said his father doesn't want Jae Wook when he found out she was pregnant and I think she was still hurt. And that made me sad. That's why I have to respect her decision.

I reclined my chair and lie down.
I was staring at the compartment of the plane, I grabbed my phone and scanned some photos that I took earlier with Wookie.
Before I left I got to spend time with him and of course Sana by playing in the park and eating out in a restaurant.

I was smiling the whole time

I was smiling the whole time. I'm going to miss this little munchkin.

I continue to scan and I saw Sana's photo that Wookie captured yesterday. She's so beautiful and cute at the same time. Wookie got his cuteness from her. I smiled.

I didn't notice that I was staring at her photo for a long time while smiling.
I shook my head.
'What am I doing?' I whispered to myself.

I put down my phone. I realized I will be going back to prepare for the wedding. I almost forgot about that.

I thought I was okay with it but why am I so sad about it?

I haven't told Sana about it. I don't know how to tell her and Wookie. I ran my hands through my face and massage my temple. I am so confused right now.

'This 11-hour travel made me think about a lot of things.' I mumbled and decided to take a nap.

~
Sana's POV

I just had facetimed with Nayeon Unnie. I told her about what happened and she was really happy. It was a quick call cause she will be leaving for work.

I placed my phone on the bedside table. I went to check Wookie if he's already asleep.

When I was about to lie down to sleep, my phone rang...

It was my mom. I instantly grabbed my phone and answer it.

"Mom? How are you?"

"Honey, I'm so sorry I haven't called you these past few days. There.. there's something happened here," she said in a very low voice.

"Why, Mom? What happened?" I asked with confusion.

She was silent for a few seconds and I can hear she was sobbing.

"Mom? Are you crying?" I asked her. I am so worried now.

"Honey, I don't want to make you worry there. I don't want you to know this but I think it's much better for you to know this.."
she stopped for a while. I feel so nervous right now.
We rushed your father to the hospital the other day. He had a mild stroke, Honey." she said while crying.

My heart suddenly stops beating. I covered my mouth and tears are falling from my eyes like rain. I'm sobbing. My mom is also crying on the other line.

"You may think he's still mad at you but he's not. He always checked on you and Wookie if you're okay or not. He was been sicked for how many days that's why I didn't contact you. Honey, I think your father needs you now." Mom said and that made me more teared up.

"Sana, please come home."

~
Author's note:
Hi guys,
Do you like my story so far?

😊