Eighteen

Ethan's POV

I looked over at Emma as she sang along to the music we were blasting in the car.

I was pleasantly surprised that I got her to be less worried about the girls. We called them this morning to make sure they were doing okay, and sure enough my mother had everything under control.

Emma eased up a lot after that.

We had our windows down, music up, her hand in mine, and all of our favorite songs playing.

We were aimlessly driving around the back roads of Wisconsin, with no specific destination in mind.

Just having fun.

I saw a vegan ice cream shop, so I pulled into the parking lot, and I smiled widely at Emma.

We got out of the car, and she grabbed my hand as we walked into the ice cream shop.

Once we got up to the counter, Emma ordered a bowl of mint chocolate chip, and I got a root beer float.

We sat down in a little booth, and Emma was eyeing my float.

"Wanna try some of mine?" I asked.

She smiled. "I'll trade you a bite of mine for a bit of yours."

My perfect woman.

I nodded, and we traded bites of our desserts before I spoke again.

"Emma, I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you. You're doing such a great job with our baby, and with our kids in general. I know that Taytum has given us a lot of sleepless nights lately, but that doesn't mean that you're not doing a great job. You are seriously the best mom to our girls, and I just love seeing your bond with them."

She smiled. "You know, Ethan, there's nothing that makes me happier than seeing our girls' smiles when you walk into the room. The way you can make them smile and laugh makes me so happy. I love seeing you be a dad, and getting to be their mom alongside you being their dad just fills my heart with joy every day. I love our little family so much, and you're the only person in the whole world I would want to experience being a parent with."

I chuckled. "Good because you're stuck with me foreva, baby."

"I hope so. I love being your wife."

"Don't forget that you're also my girlfriend."

She laughed while eating a spoonful of her ice cream. "I'll always be your girlfriend."

"Yes! My dream come true. My beautiful wife is always gonna be my girlfriend."

"I love you, Ethan."

"I love you too, girl."

We finished our ice cream before walking out of the ice cream shop and back to the car.

We got in the car, rolled the windows back down and continued our drive together, just blasting music and singing along, our hands laced together and never disconnecting.

We drove around for three more hours until we went back to the lake house.

There was a hot tub in the basement of this lake house, so Emma and I got our swimsuits on, and headed downstairs.

She was wearing a tiny pink bikini, and it was hugging her body in all of the right spots.

"Damn, girl. You're looking so sexy right now." I said as we approached the hot tub.

She turned around and bit her lip while smiling at me, and her eyes trailed down my chest and stomach before she climbed into the hot tub.

I climbed in after her, sitting down next to her and lifting her bridal style onto my lap. Her arms wrapped around my shoulders, and I kissed her lips.

She smiled into the kiss as my hands roamed her lower back and her thighs, and her tiny bikini was leaving little to the imagination.

Her breath hitched as my hand brushed near her core, and I leaned to her ear to whisper.

"All the things that I could do to you right now, you'll be begging for more until you can't take any more pleasure."

"Ethan please." She whispered. Already needing me. That's my woman.

I turned us so that she was sitting down, and I was hovering over her.

She tugged my swim shorts down as my fingers hooked into the bottom of her bikini and pulled them away.

I lined myself up with her entrance and slowly pushed into her, going slow at first, but eventually picking up the pace as I attached my lips to her neck.

"Damn, you feel so good, Emma."

"Ohhhh my godddd, Ethan. Right there."

"Does that feel good, babe?"

"So good. So good."

She had one hand gripping my shoulder and the other one laced into the head back of my hair as I pounded into her, and her angelic voice was filling the room.

My hands slipped under her bikini top and started massaging her breasts, and she finally screamed and shuddered around me, helping me reach my peak, and tumbling down from the release with me.

"You're so good for me, Emma." I whispered as we both caught our breath.

"I love you so much." She responded, tilting her chin up towards mine, and softly pressing her lips to mine.

Our lips moved slowly in sync, and warmth ran down the center of my body.

I slowly pulled out of her, and I got my shorts back on as she adjusted her swim bottoms.

I sat down, and she climbed over so that she was straddling my waist, and we continued to kiss, pouring our love for each other into it.

It gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

There's something about spending alone time with the love of your life that just makes you feel so happy, and so fulfilled.

Yes, we've gotten date nights together, but we haven't been on a full weekend alone trip since before Taytum was born.

Obviously we missed the kids, and we would check on them throughout the day by calling or texting my parents, but this weekend was just about Emma and I, and I loved having my wife all to myself for a couple of days; just the two of us.