Chapter 22

(random quote) I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry

(random quote) I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you.

I admired Edward's resting body from my designated position in the bed covers. The moonlight streamed in from the window and danced across his figure, causing any of his revealed skin to become incandescent.

I couldn't say how long we had stayed out in the clearing, just being beside each other and enjoying the comfort that came with complete honesty. We had no more secrets hanging between us. I knew everything about Edward and he knew just as much about me. Possibly even more given that he had met my future self. I knew I should have had the urge to question him about his past meetings and my future one's, but I couldn't. There was something that didn't seem quite right about asking someone to tell me about my future. I would forever be chasing what they had told me and going through life expecting it to happen rather than just enjoying what came to me in the moment. If I was always looking forward to that future moment then I would never really appreciate what was mine in the present and that could only breed regrets.

I propped myself on my elbow and gazed over Edward's form as he looked out the window. Now and then his lips would move, small movements so fast they appeared to be mere trembles. When I asked him he said he was singing to himself, a song that reminded him of home. His face showed his contemplation but I couldn't imagine what captivated his mind.

"What are you thinking?" I said as I ran a soft touch down his bare arm where it sat on top of the bed covers. It was perfectly silken and cool; the stone firmness pleasant to touch. His gaze turned immediately to me in a flash like movement. I smiled at his relaxed natural movements, but I couldn't shake the fear buried deep down. The fear that this beautiful creature before me may be mine now but an end had to come.

"Did I scare you?" His head tilted at his question while his butterscotch eyes watched me.

"Of course not. I like that you can be yourself."

"Then why are you afraid?"

"I'm not afraid of you," I said with a sigh.

"That wasn't what I asked, Sarelle."

"I'm afraid that this has to end. I'm afraid that every moment I'm with you I dread the moment when I have to leave you. I'm afraid that I'd like to stay with you much more than my heart should want."

"That is something to be afraid of. But let's not think about the end when we're still only at the beginning. When that day comes when I have to watch you leave, I will always try and find a way to you."

"I can't control it, Edward. I wouldn't be able to even tell you where I was going."

"Sarelle, nothing can separate true love, not even time itself. I will find you."

"True love." I smiled shyly. It was still so wonderful to hear that word from his lips in that velvet voice.

"I believe that is what they call this feeling, although it still seems too fresh, too new, to name."