6 - protect

i heard my phone ring, notifying me that I had a text message. I picked it up, scrolling through my notifications: mainly people liking my tweets and tagging me in stuff on Instagram. I scrolled back to the top to see who had messaged me. it was an Instagram DM from gabsmolders.

his girlfriend.

i got instantly very worried as to why she was messaging me. me and her had never spoken before and i was certain she didn't even know who i was. so why was she messaging me now and so randomly? part of me didn't even want to open the message and to just ignore it for as long as humanely possible. but the other part of me was so curious as to why i had a text from her. that curiosity got the better of me and i unlocked my phone to look at the message. when i saw what it was my heart instantly began to beat out of my chest in fear.

why did you comment on sean's stream asking if he remembers you?

i realised she was probably being a protective girlfriend and was mad at me for trying to interact with him. i hated girls, or anyone in general who were like that. i had no intention on stealing her man. not like he'd go for me anyway.

because i just wanted to know if he does. that's all

i got a reply almost instantly. she was probably waiting at the phone for a response,

well don't. don't ever try to talk to him again

i rolled my eyes. yup. she's definitely a crazy bitch. she didn't have to worry, sean was way out of my league and probably hated my guts. if he even knew who i was.

okay, but may i ask why?

if you do you'll fuck him up

i had no idea what that meant, but it was probably her way of saying 'i know you used to date him and i'm incredibly insecure so i'm sure that if you say one word to him he'll fall head over heels for you again. please stay away from my man xx'.

i have absolutely no idea what that means but sure thing

you don't need to know what it means. just don't even think about talking to him ever again

okay

i didn't send her another message after that, and she just left mine on read. it seemed she had nothing more to say to me. i put the phone down and sighed, putting my hands over my eyes. i didn't realise how much of a crime it was to ask my ex boyfriend if he remembered me was until that moment. and what the hell did she mean by i'll 'fuck him up'? it was all very confusing to me, but i knew it was for the best if i just did what she said and didn't make another attempt to communicate with him. i found it weird how she noticed that i'd sent in that message, but sean didn't. i shrugged my shoulders and decided to forget all about it. well, to the best of my ability anyway.