9 - friends

i ended up leaving the house at 10 that day, two hours earlier than I was supposed to. but I didn't really want to stay there any longer. not whilst Eveline was mad at me.

i couldn't understand why she was so against me meeting up with mark. did she think he'd kill me or something? she hadn't even given me a proper reason as to why she didn't want me to leave. she did give one, but it was a lie. it's easy to tell when she's lying because she always hesitates and looks off to the side.

since i had left the house earlier than planned I decided to walk to the town centre rather than take the car. it'd kill some time. I didn't want to wait around for hours and look like a freak for being really really early. I set off right after eating breakfast, a piece of burnt toast that i'd accidentally left in the toaster for too long. when I began my walk I started to get nervous. they were probably all very different to how they were when we were kids. there was a chance we wouldn't get along like we used to, or everything would just be super awkward. I had a feeling me and mark would be fine after a while since he was my best friend out of all of them, but I had no idea if me bob and wade would get on. and tyler, if we did actually see him that day.

i thought about the possible travesty the day could be as I walked and walked to the place we would be meeting. it took a little over an hour to get there. mark, bob and wade would be arriving at 12:30, I was over an hour early. I sighed, thinking about what I could do in my spare time. maybe go to starbucks, grab a coffee and then text Eveline to try and sort things out.

i walked inside the small starbucks and got in line. thankfully there were only a few people in front of me. I was already stressed out, if there were a lot of people I probably would have gotten angry and impatient. it took a couple of minutes to be able to actually get to the counter, but I was relieved when I was able to place my order. I ordered a strawberry and cream frappucino, which was unlike me. usually I ordered a plain old black coffee or a latte, but I needed the sugar rush. i needed energy.

it didn't take long for somebody to walk to the counter and shout 'frappucino for sean!'. I smiled and stood up, walking over to see a lady setting my drink down on the side. she smiled at me and i thanked her before collecting my drink and sitting back down. I looked at the name written on the plastic cup and rolled my eyes. of course they had spelt my name wrong, again. they always spelt it as 'shawn' or 'shaun'. I rolled my eyes again and started sipping on my drink through the plastic straw.

i whipped my phone out of my pocket to see if I had any notifications. I had one message from mark.

hey jack, bob and wade are gonna be a little late so it's gonna be just you and me for about half an hour :)

wow. i haven't been called jack in a long time, i thought. i wasn't all too sure if i was happier about that or not, but i just pretended it was completely fine.

okay :)

i clicked off of mark's contact and onto eveline's, getting ready to type a long ass paragraph explaining how sorry i was, even though i didn't have much to be sorry about.

hey eveline. i just wanna say that i'm really sorry for what happened this morning. i didn't think the argument would escalate like that. i didn't think you'd get so mad at me for wanting to meet up with mark. i should have told you when this whole thing first got arranged. maybe then i would have cancelled. i have no idea why you don't want me to go, but i'm sure you're just looking out for me, so i'm sorry for not listening and going anyway. i'm sorry for leaving earlier than i said i would too, if you're mad at me for that. and i'm really sorry for hurting you, i didn't mean to. i was just trying to get you to let go of me but i pulled my hand away too hard. i'd never do something like that on purpose, i promise. i'm really really sorry. i don't want to come home and the first thing i do is argue with you. i don't wanna argue with you anymore. i don't like getting mad at you, and i'm sure you don't like getting mad at me. again, i'm sorry