xi. christmas shopping

Tori was positive it was either beginner's luck, or Percy was really terrible on a broom

Either way, Tori was on a roll. It was hard, having there only been one chaser, but she managed.

Mrs. Weasley, or Molly, was sitting on the sideline, announcing that Bill's team was up by ten. This caused Tori to glanced over at Charlie, who gestured her to keep playing.

A ball that was disguised as a bludger came racing towards Tori's head, who managed to duck in the mater of seconds.

"Sorry, Tori!" Fred called, grinning.

Percy came rushing towards Tori who managed to grab the quaffle. Tori panicked, seeing there was no way she would be able to throw it into the goal.

Percy came closer and closer and Tori launched the quaffle, soaring after it in case it didn't make it in. Surprisingly, it was close but just missed it.

Tori groaned, flying down to get it when Molly announced Charlie caught the snitch. Tori flew back up towards her team, who were hooting. "Nice one!" Charlie cheered, high-fiving Tori.

"Well, what did I miss?" A voice called, causing every single one of the Weasley children to almost jump off their broom and run to there father.

Tori lowered herself as she watched the family. When her father can home, there was no screaming or laughter, but a polite smile or a small greeting. Her father didn't wrap his arms around his children like they were the only thing in the world. Her mother didn't kiss her father with a smile, welcoming him home.

The Weasleys were very different.

Tori held onto her broom, thinking about this. It had always been that way with the Silver family. Always.

But Tori didn't know if she really liked it anymore.

When Mr. Weasley finished saying hello to his children he caught eye contact with Tori. "Oh, hello." He greeted, causing the family to turn in her direction.

"Hi," Tori replied, feeling anxious. "This is our friend Tori Silvers," Fred brought his father over to her, George following behind.

"Hi," Tori repeated. She noticed a moment of resentment in Mr. Weasley's face when he heard the name, Silvers. Tori remembered Fred tell her that his father also worked at the Ministry.

She figured Mr. Weasley didn't like her father. She didn't blame him.

"Silvers? You're Edward Silvers's daughter?"

Tori nodded slowly, drawing a weak smile. "I'm afraid so." There was a moment of silence. "You have a lovely home, Mr. Weasley." Tori quickly told him, feeling anxious.

Mr. Weasley looked at her for a minute and smiled a bit. "Thank you, Tori. Please, you can call me, Arthur."

Tori relaxed and thanked him. Arthur went over to his wife, kissed her on the cheek, and headed inside.