clxxxvi. percy's apology

Tori stood nervously over Lee as he fiddled with a worked down radio in the corner

Tori stood nervously over Lee as he fiddled with a worked down radio in the corner. "Tori," He said slowly, "I can't focus with you standing over me like that."

"Right. Sorry." Tori apologized, taking a step backward. Lee shook his head, "The message will get out to them, I'm almost done..."

Tori nodded, glancing around the room. Everyone was once again talking amongst themselves, wondering how to prepare for battle. Fred's voice took Tori out of her daze.

"You alright?" He asked her. Tori nodded, "Yeah. Lee's getting the message out to the order. I have about fifty girls lining up to be bridesmaids..."

Fred let out a laugh that caused Tori to smile. The room went silent as Lee began to talk into the radio. He pulled out his own Dumbledore's Army coin and gestured the others to do the same.

All at once, the joined warmed up, meaning someone had sent another message. Lee continued to talk to his Potterwatch audience. He repeated the same phrase over and over.

"Potter has been spotted at Hogwarts. We are preparing for battle."

When Lee finished, he tapped the radio with his wand and shrugged. "Now we wait."

Luckily, they did not have to wait long. After about fifteen minutes, the portrait swung open and several people came into view. First, it was Oliver Wood followed by Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson, and Alicia Spinnet.

Tori greeted her friends quickly. "We thought you went missing! Godric, I was worried sick." Alicia began, wrapping her arms around Tori.

"I'm alright," Tori assured them. "I wanted to reach out, I really did. But we had to go into hiding as soon as I came back."

"What happened?" Angelina asked.

Tori quickly explained the past few months and where she had been. She spoke quietly, unable to met their eyes as they stared at her. But when she finished, they didn't have time to ask questions.

Kingsley and Lupin fell through the portrait, followed by Bill, Fleur, Molly, and Arthur. Moments later, Harry came back with Luna

"Harry, what's happening?" said Lupin, meeting him at the foot of the stairs.

"Voldemort's on his way, they're barricading the school... Snape's run for it— What are you doing here? How did you know?"

"We sent messages to the rest of Dumbledore's Army," Fred explained. "You couldn't expect everyone to miss the fun, Harry, and the D.A. let the Order of the Phoenix know, and it all kind of snowballed."

"What first, Harry?" called George.

"What's going on?" Tori asked.

"They're evacuating the younger kids and everyone's meeting in the Great Hall to get organized," Harry said. "We're fighting."