civ. dress shopping

"You're not even mentioned

"You're not even mentioned. Saying all that rubbish about the others." Tori walked the halls with Cedric to study hall. She was reading the new Daily Prophet article about the champions that Rita Skeeter had written. "Load of dung." Cedric agreed.

Sighing, Tori wrapped up the paper and slipped it in her bag. "I don't understand why they can get away with this kind of stuff. First of all, Harry's fourteen, not twelve." Cedric said, turning the corridor with her.

"It's all a publicity stunt. That's all really anything is these days."

"So you think the quidditch World Cup was a stunt? For more chances to tug on the Ministry?" Cedric furrowed his eyebrows.

"No... that's seemed to... real. Besides, Mr. Weasley said only Death Eaters learned the dark mark spell. I don't think they'd cast it just for a chance to be seen again. Isn't that the opposite of what they want?"

"You're so smart." Cedric chuckled, walking into study hall in the great hall. Tori felt herself go a little red. "I know. I'm pretty great. So, the first task is coming up soon, you don't have any idea what it is?" She asked, taking a seat in front of him.

Cedric shook his head. "Nothing. They can't give us any hints." It took only three minutes before Cedric was surrounded by admirers who seated themselves next to them.

Wide-eyed with second-hand embarrassment, Tori quickly picked up her books, waving goodbye to the helpless Cedric, who desperately just wanted time to study.

✧    ✦    ✧

The weather was getting colder as the day began to drag on. Tori had been trying to help Cedric figure out what the first task was, but so far there was no luck. It was now a Saturday in November when the first Hogsmeade trip took place.

On one of her "days off" Tori was seated in the Three Broomsticks with the twins, Lee, and to her surprise, Ron.

"The first task is this week. What do you reckon it will be?" Lee asked, wiping the whipped cream off his lip. "I hope it's not anything too dangerous." Tori sighed.

She sat across from Ron, eyeing him. She was fine with him joining them, she just didn't like how He and Harry were still arguing. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like that friendship was going to be fixed anytime soon.

"That's no fun," Fred replied, wrinkling his nose. He yanked gently on her Gryffindor scarf, causing her to scowl at him. "Stop gazing into each other's eyes. I'm going to vomit up my butterbeer."

Tori rolled her eyes, glancing over her shoulder to see Rita Skeeter and her ridiculous camera crew flashing around. She took pictures of students and even seemed to be interviewing them.

She stalked over to their table, looking at Tori with an amused smile. "Miss Silvers! So good to see you again! What can you say to the rumors that you've been spending an awful lot of time with both Hogwarts champions Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory?"

"No comment," Tori replied rather harshly. She knew how to deal with unwanted interviewers and how to make the Daily Prophet go away.

"What about—"

"No comment."

"You didn't even—"

"No. Comment."

"Are these the Weasleys—"

"No comment. They have no comment. We all have no comment. Is that all?"

With an annoyed breath, Rita Skeeter and her cavalry stormed off. Tori glared after her, turning back to the group.

"Are they always like that?" Ron asked quietly. It was one of the few times he actually spoke up. Tori nodded, taking a large gulp of her butterbeer.

They proceeded to then talk about their last Defense Against the Dark Arts class where Moody got permission to use the Impervious curse on the students to show them how to break away from it.

"He made me jump on the desk and dance. It took me nearly ten minutes to get out of it." Tori muttered, shaking her head from embarrassment.

"We had to sing a Celina Warbeck song." George chuckled while rummaging his pockets for any extra knuts. "I think we hit that last note pretty well." Fred grinned, winking.

"Yeah. It nearly broke the windows." Lee said. "There's Hermione, you going to join her, Ron?" Fred gestured to the girl who seemed to be mumbling to herself.

Ron glanced over at her with a longing look but shook his head. "No. Are we finished yet?"

"I got to go anyway, I'm meeting Alicia to help her buy some dress robes. I'll see you guys later."

"You rather go dress shopping than hang out with us?"

"Uh, yeah. See you guys later."

✧    ✦    ✧

"Here's the yellow one. Ready?" Alicia called from behind the velvet curtain. "Yes!" Angelina shouted. She had already found the purple dress she wanted, and was seated next to Tori in a small chair.

"Ta-da!" Alicia shouted, pulling the curtain away. "Oh, that's stunning!" Tori gasped, staring at the pastel yellow dress that came down to the floor. Alicia looked beautiful, she had the biggest smile on her face as she glanced into a mirror.

"That has my vote!" Katie cried, rushing over to Alicia. Tori and Angelina stayed put, staring in awe as Alicia twirled around in it. "I wonder what these are for," Tori said.

"The Celestial ball?" Katie asked, helping Alicia step down without ripping her dress. "Yeah, we didn't have one in our fourth year." Angelina agreed.

"But that's only opened to fourth years I thought... and besides, I wouldn't have been able to go..." Tori shuddered, remembering how she was petrified.

"But it why did they make it seem so big then? Why so secretive?" Alicia frowned. Tori shrugged, running her fingers through her hair. "Isn't everything secretive this year?"

They all scoffed, getting up and watching as Alicia purchased her dress robes. Tori continued trying to guess what could be happening this year. If it really was a ball, who would she go with?

Her mind immediately went to Fred. But she quickly shut the idea down.

"Tori! You coming?"

"Yeah!"

if you honestly think that girls at hogwarts didn't go dress shopping, you're horribly wrong