xciii. the quidditch world cup

"What's happening at Hogwarts, Dad?" said Fred once Mr

"What's happening at Hogwarts, Dad?" said Fred once Mr. Bagman and Mr. Crouch had left. "What were they talking about?"

Tori was wondering about this as well. They had mentioned something odd happened at Hogwarts this year early in their conversation, but no one wanted to interrupt. "You'll find out soon enough," said Arthur, smiling.

"It's classified information, until such time as the Ministry decides to release it," said Percy stiffly. "Mr. Crouch was quite right not to disclose it."

"Oh shut up, Weatherby," Fred snapped.

✧ ✦ ✧

Their money bags considerably lighter, they went back to the tents. Bill, Charlie, and Ginny were all sporting green rosettes too, and Mr. Weasley was carrying an Irish flag. Fred and George had no souvenirs as they had given Bagman all their gold. That was until Tori bought them Irish hats as well.

And then a deep, booming gong sounded somewhere beyond the woods, and at once, green and red lanterns blazed into life in the trees, lighting a path to the field.

"It's time!" said Arthur, looking as excited as any of them. "Come on, let's go!"

The stadium was filled with cheering guests as different colored balloons floated upwards. Tori has wrapped her arm wrapped around Harry's shoulder, making her way through the Weasleys dramatically.

"Careful! Me and my new little brother are coming through!"

Harry didn't seem to mind. He enjoyed this quite a lot. "Blimey dad, How far are we up?" Ron asked his father rather loudly.

"Well, put it this way, if it rains... you'll be the first to know." A voice said from down below. Tori leaned over the railing to see Lucius Malfoy and his annoying son, Draco. Harry stepped away from her, sighing.

"Father and I are in the minister's box, by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself." The boy smirked, "We're meeting the Silvers there too."

Tori rolled her eyes, jerking away from the edge and storming up towards their seats. She could hear Lucius chuckling and telling them to "enjoy yourselves while you can."

She went up to the highest spot, taking her Omnioculars that she had bought earlier out. The stadium was filled with all sorts of ads on the blackboard. (Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans — A Risk With Every Mouthful!)

"Ladies and Gentlemen... welcome! Welcome to the final of the four hundred and twenty-second Quidditch World cup!"

The crowd screamed and clapped. The twins found their way next to Tori, throwing their hands in the air. Thousands of flags waved and the huge blackboard went clear, showing something new.

BULGARIA: 0, IRELAND: 0

"And now without further ado, allow me to introduce... the Bulgarian National Team Mascot!"