xxvii. the first quidditch match

"Alright

"Alright. We've been training for this for about a month. We've got this." Charlie stood center of his teammates, giving a speech before the game. Everyone was dressed in their uniforms, their name and numbers on the back. Tori's said SILVERS and showed the number seventeen. She had gotten to keep it after all.

She brushed through her hair as Charlie spoke, remembering what Mae had told all the girls on the team.

"Two braids might be cute until they hit you in your eye. Don't ever just leave your hair down. Playing with that takes skill that no one has. Just do a simple pony, that's all there is to it." Tori, as usual, did as she was told. Besides, she wanted to win this game. Her brother was a Slytherin beater, and she was determined to beat him.

"We play until we can't play any longer! Everyone in, on three we shout Gryffindor." Charlie put his hand in the center, waiting for everyone else to follow. "Ready? One, two, three..."

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"Alright, let's get ready to go," Charlie called. Tori picked up her broom, staring at it. It came in on Monday, Tori ordered it from one of the forms Charlie gave her. She went with the best she could get, so in her hand was a Comet Two Hundred Sixty broom. She glanced over at the twins, whose parents sent them brooms at breakfast. They had both gotten a Cleansweep Five.

"Full crowd today seems like we've got some guests," Mae announced, peeking out of the tent. Tori and Angelina were quick to copy her, scanning the crowd for anyone they'd know. The entire Gryffindor and Slytherin house were here, even some families...

Tori's heart stopped when she saw them. She backed away from the tent flap quickly. This couldn't be happening. Immediately both of the Weasley twins were at her side. "Tori, what's wrong?" Fred asked her, making her sit down on a bench. Tori took a breath.

"My family's here." She replied quietly. She didn't understand why. The Silvers had hardly gone to Avalon's games when he joined the team. He didn't really like them too anyway. Fred and George glanced at each other quickly. "It's alright Tori," George said.

"You're going to be fine." Fred finished for him. Tori nodded slowly. "Yeah. I know... I know." Charlie announced they were leaving and Tori weakly smiled at her friends. "I got this. I got this. I can do this. Just don't pay attention to them."

She continued thinking that while they made their way to the quidditch pitch. Tori lined up behind Charlie and Oliver in line with the rest of the chasers. "I got this," She whispered to herself.

"Nervous?" Mae leaned over to ask. "A little bit," Tori admitted, mounting her broom. "Don't worry. You'll be fine, this is a day you'll remember. I know I do." Tori was about to ask if that was a good thing when the doorway opened and off they were. Tori flew out with the rest of her team, circling around the seats as she listened to Lee.