lxiii. perfect and polished

Tori had finally gotten away from her friends once it was time for her to leave

Tori had finally gotten away from her friends once it was time for her to leave. Katie insisted on doing her hair and ended up having two french braids into pigtails sort of thing, while Alicia talked on and on about some random thing. Angelina was telling Tori to ignore Alicia.

"Cedric, hey." Tori smiled at the boy, standing in the courtyard. He was waiting for her by the water fountain. "Hi." He grinned. The air was still cold on this February day, so Tori and Cedric could both see themselves talk while they shivered.

"You ready to go?" He asked her. Tori nodded, following him down to the carriages, which were starting to take students down. Tori felt a bit odd going without her friends, but any thought of that was pushed away when she and Cedric rushed to get into an empty moving in.

The door was still open as they rushed towards it. "On three, jump in, okay?" Cedric told Tori. "Jump?" She exclaimed. "Jump! I'm right behind you!"

Tori laughed, counting out loud. "One... two... three!" She launched towards the cart, crashing inside with Cedric. The door shut behind them, leaving them on the floor laughing.

Tori got up with the help of Cedric. "Nice jumping skills." He noted, grinning as he took a seat across from her. "Oh, shove off," Tori replied, dusting snow off her boots. The two laughed about it the entire carriage ride, glancing out the windows for the calm village ahead.

When they arrived, Cedric held his hand out for Tori to take to get out of the carriage. She felt her cheeks line with blush but just blew it off for she was cold. They walked through the village, passing some other students and waving to any teacher who was chaperoning. Taking their time, they arrived at the three broomsticks.

It was warmer inside, thankfully. Tori and Cedric found an empty table by the fire pit and took a seat there. Tori took off her jacket, placing it over her chair. Cedric ordered their drinks, turning back towards her.

"So are you ready for the match tomorrow?" He asked her, Tori shook her head, she was honestly surprised Wood wasn't forcing her down for another quidditch practice.

"No, not really," Tori admitted, rubbing her eyes. Cedric chuckled, "Afraid we'll beat you?"

"On the contrary, I just feel bad for the way your face will look after we crush you." Tori laughed, making Cedric do as well.

She had just merely glanced at the door to see Fred, George, and Lee standing there. Her eyes widened, what were they doing here?

"You alright?" Cedric asked her, noticing her face and immediately becoming concerned. Tori nodded, shaking herself. She was so going to kill those boys.