cxc. the end of it all

Dove wasn't sure why people began heading out of the Great Hall

Dove wasn't sure why people began heading out of the Great Hall. She could barely stand up. She had cried her heart out and felt so dizzy she would pass out at any moment. A crowd began gathering, calling people out towards them. Dove didn't want to leave her sister's body, but then she heard a shout of fear, she couldn't help but follow after the crowd.

A large group of Death Eaters began to appear through the trees of the Forbidden Forest. Dove walked through the crowd of students, nearly bumping over a familiar student.

"Draco?" Dove asked loudly, jumping back. She stared ahead at the blonde boy who she hadn't seen in over a year. Students pushed past them, nearly meeting the Death Eater crowd.

"Dove..."

There was a loud laugh causing heads to turn. Dove stepped downward closer to the crowd. You-Know-Who stepped forward, a bone-shaking grin upon his face.

Dove stared ahead, taking another step as her family began to come closer into view.

"Harry Potter is dead!" He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone."

"The battle is won. You have lost half of your fighters. My Death Eaters outnumber you, and the Boy Who Lived is finished. There must be no more war. Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman or child, will be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle now, kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, your brothers and sisters will live and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together."

There was silence on the grounds and from the castle. Dove felt nothing. Harry was dead? Harry was dead. And all of those who died today, Tori, Fred, Colin, Professor Lupin... they died for nothing... all of this. It was for nothing!

The Death Eaters came to a halt; they spreading out in a line facing the open front doors of the school. Dove stared at her family. They didn't know. They didn't know Tori was dead.

"NO!"

The scream was the more terrible because Dove had never expected or dreamed that Professor McGonagall could make such a sound.

Bellatrix Lestrange gloried in McGonagall's despair. More and more people began to gather, shocked at the news.

"No!"

"No!"

"Harry! HARRY!"

The yells came from Ron, Hermione, and Ginny Weasley whose voices were worse than McGonagall's; the crowd of survivors took up the cause, screaming and yelling abuse at the Death Eaters, until - "SILENCE!" cried Voldemort, and there was a bang and a flash of bright light, and silence was forced upon them all. "It is over! Set him down, Hagrid, at my feet, where he belongs!"