cxi. the argument

Fuming by now, Tori stormed out of the Great Hall and Fred on her heels

Fuming by now, Tori stormed out of the Great Hall and Fred on her heels. She turned once they were further down the corridor and way from the few couples who were snogging.

Tori turned, her arms crossed and her eyes narrowed. "Go on. What do you want to say?"

"Don't you want Harry to win?"

Okay, not what she had been expecting. "What? Of course, I do." Tori shook her head, confused about how that had anything to do with his attitude.

"Really? Because it doesn't seem like that. It seems you're all team Diggory on the dance floor." Tori laughed a bitter laugh. "Seriously? I don't know why I have to keep telling you this. I don't know why I have to tell you at all! Cedric is just a friend. Alright?"

Fred was silent, but Tori just felt the words leave her mouth. "If either of us has a right to be angry it should be me."

"Why's that? You came here with my brother."

"You asked one of my best friends, in front of me!" Tori's voice rose, her face getting red. "I thought you were going with Diggory! I saw him ask you! What chance do I have when he's asked you?"

"I turned Cedric down, so I could go with you!" Tori snapped, watching Fred's mouth closed. "I turned him down. I was hoping that'd you pluck up any last of your courage and ask me!"

"I didn't know..."

"Then why didn't you ask?" Her voice was quieter this time. "I didn't know how to."

"Look. I am not one of your inventions that will do what you say, Fred. I am a human being. And I have feelings! I have even torn for years on how I felt. I didn't... or I don't... know I feel!"

"Do you think this is easy for me? Tori look at me! I'm Fred Weasley! No one knows me! They know Fred and George, the troublemakers if I'm lucky! I come from nothing! Can you blame me? I'm not good enough for you! What am I compared to practically anyone else here?"

Tori pursed her lips together, staring at the boy in front of her who's ears were red. "I thought you'd realize I don't care what you come from. That I care about you. You know what? I'm not going to let you ruin my night, and I am not going to waste any more tears over you. I'm done. Next time there's a ball, ask me, and not my best friend!"

She twisted around, tears falling down her face as she made it back towards the great hall doors. She passed Snape catching two Ravenclaws snogging in an empty classroom. He glanced at her suspiciously but decided he had enough on his hands.

Tori took a deep breath, wiping her eyes. She was near the entrance when she heard sobbing to the right of her. Tori glanced over at the stairs to see Hermione seated there. "Hermione, what happened?" She rushed over immediately, taking the girl into her arms.

"It's nothing. Ron is just being a prat." Hermione took a shaky breath, wiping her eyes. "That makes two Weasleys," Tori muttered, rubbing her friend's back gently. Hermione glanced up at her, teary-eyed. "Fred?" She asked her. Tori sighed, nodding weakly. Hermione leaned on her shoulder, calming her breathing.

Tori stared outward watching as Fred went back into the Great Hall. He had his head down, and his hands in his pockets. Tori turned her head away, sighing.

"You know what, Hermione?" She said. We're not going to sit here and be mopy over a couple of boys. Okay? We're going to go in there. And we're going to dance, and laugh, and enjoy ourselves. Yes?" She stood up, grabbing Hermione's hands and pulling her up as well.

"Yes." Hermione sniffled, a smile appearing on her face. Tori embraced her and they both entered the hall once again. "Also, when were you planning to tell me your date was Viktor Krum?"

✧ ✦ ✧

The rest of the night was brilliant. Tori got to dance more with her friends and enjoy the final song played by the band. The crowd whooped and cheered loudly, slowly leaving the Great Hall. Tori was laughing with Hermione after Krum had just wished her a goodnight.

"When did he ask you? Oh Godric, was it in the library?" Tori laughed as they waited for one of the staircases to appear before climbing up it. "He did... I can't walk in these shoes— thanks... He asked me a couple of times, but I kept saying no. I guess I was hoping for Ron to ask me."

Tori nodded understandably. They came up towards the portrait, as the large clock in the courtyard banged twenty-four times. "Fairy lights," Tori said to the Fat Lady, who swung open.

"I almost don't want to get out of these dress robes," Tori admitted. She loved hers, it made her feel pretty. Hermione nodded. Tori had to admit she almost hadn't recognized her when she first saw her.

Her dress was periwinkle, and usual her bushy hair had been curled and put upward. She looked gorgeous. The two girls went into the common room to see Fred and George sitting at a table.

Fred and Tori made awkward eye contact before she turned away and stormed up the stairs. "That doesn't look good," Hermione commented.

Tori shrugged, rubbing her shoulders as the halls were cold for some odd reason. "Thanks for helping me earlier," Hermione told her once she reached her door. Tori smiled in response. "Of course. Night, 'Mione."

"Good night Tori."

Alone now, Tori made her way towards her door and opened it to hear Alicia gushing about Lee and the entire dance all over. She chuckled, opening the door and stepping inside.

Tori answered very little questions about why she had changed her mind or Alicia's question of why she had disappeared for a while. Instead, she blamed her exhaustion for a reason to crawl into bed and stare up at the ceiling.

Her mind was swarmed with one thousand thoughts. Eventually, her heavy eyelids got the best of her and she eventually fell into a deep sleep.

 Eventually, her heavy eyelids got the best of her and she eventually fell into a deep sleep

this was hard for me to write so it's probably bad but idrc