clxxx. dobby's rescue

"No!" shouted a voice from upstairs

"No!" shouted a voice from upstairs. "You can have me, keep me!"

Tori stirred, standing up. That voice sounded an awful lot like Ron's. The echoing bang of the slammed cellar door had not died away before there was a terrible, drawn-out scream from directly above them. Tori could sense two bodies being thrown into the cellar.

"HERMIONE!" Ron's voice bellowed. "HERMIONE!"

"Be quiet!" Harry's voice said. "Shut up. Ron, we need to work out a way—"

"HERMIONE! HERMIONE!"

"We need a plan, stop yelling, we need to get these ropes off."

"Harry?" Luna whispered. "Ron? Is that you?"

Ron stopped shouting.

"Harry? Ron?" Tori called, moving her way through the darkness. She felt herself bump into Luna.

"Luna?" Harry called. "Tori?"

"Yes, it's me!" Luna replied happily. "Oh no, I didn't want you to be caught!"

"Tori, you're alright?" Harry asked.

"None of us are alright, Harry."

"Right, can you help us get these ropes off?" said Harry.

"Oh yes, I expect so..." Luna nodded. "There's an old nail we use if we need to break anything... Just a moment..."

There was a scream again from overhead, and they could hear Bellatrix screaming too, but her words were inaudible, for Ron shouted again, "HERMIONE! HERMIONE!"

"Hermione's up there?" Tori asked, her voice shaking as she stepped closer to the two boys. She could see the outline of Harry nod.

"Mr. Ollivander?" Tori could hear Luna saying. "Mr. Ollivander, have you got the nail? If you just move over a little bit... I think it was beside the water jug."

She was back within seconds.

"You'll need to stay still," She said.

Harry could feel her digging at the rope's tough fibers to work the knots free. From upstairs they heard Bellatrix's voice.

"I'm going to ask you again! Where did you get this sword? Where?"

"We found it! We found it! PLEASE!" Hermione screamed again; Ron struggled harder than ever, and the rusty nail slipped onto Harry's wrist.

"Ron, please stay still!" Luna whispered. "I can't see what I'm doing!"

"My pocket!" said Ron, "In my pocket, there's a Deluminator, and it's full of light!"

A few seconds later, there was a click, and the luminescent spheres the Deluminator had sucked from the lamps in the tent flew into the cellar: Unable to rejoin their sources, they simply hung there, like tiny suns, flooding the underground room with light.