xxxviv. blame it on peeves

"You're joking, right?" Tori crossed her arms, staring wide-eyed at Oliver Wood

"You're joking, right?" Tori crossed her arms, staring wide-eyed at Oliver Wood. He had just told both the twins and her that first-year Harry Potter was going to be playing as Gryffindor's new seeker.

"He's a first-year!" Fred shook his head, but Oliver only shrugged. "McGonagall's orders. Tell Angelina, will you?" The trio nodded, hearing the warning bell ring.

"Also, Tori. You and her have got to be down at the pitch on Saturday for help with tryouts. I'm talking early. Nine am."

"Nine am?!" Tori sighed aghast, why that early? "Nine am." Wood looked at her seriously. Tori groaned, knowing that wasn't going to end up well.

She followed the twins out of the classroom, whining the entire way. "Why Nine? Why aren't I allowed to sleep for once?" Fred and George chuckled at her. "It's one day, Tori."

"One day with no sleep!"

"Hey, there's Harry and Ron! Hey, well done Harry! Wood just told us!" Fred patted the boy on the back. Ron smiled up at them, filling Harry in. "Fred, George, and Tori are on the team too."

"I'm a chaser," Tori explained. Harry looked up at her, nodding along. "My job is to take care of the quaffle, score points. You don't worry about me at all."

"Freddie and I are beaters. Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad. Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch."

Fred chuckled, seeing this as a joke. "Brutal. But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally..." Harry and Ron began to walk away towards the courtyard but the twins kept going.

"But they'll turn up in a month or two!" George shouted after them. Tori smacked both of their chests. "You'll scare him!"

"It's all just fun!" Fred replied. They made their way through the rest of the hallway and into Potions. Snape stood at his doorway, sneering at every student who even dared to look at him. Godric forbids it.

Tori found having potions with Slytherin really sucked. Snape favored them all the time, and if someone messed up a potion it was Gryffindor's fault. Tori honestly didn't know why Snape was a teacher. He seemed to really hate kids.

Tori took her seat next Angelina and quickly began filling her in what had just happened. "What? He can't be that good, he's never even played!" Angelina was as shocked as Tori.

"Exactly. Oh, bad news. Wood wants us down at the pitch at nine on Saturday for tryouts." Tori rested her head on her fist. The bell had just rung but Snape still was outside.

"What's so bad about it?" Angelina asked. Tori looked at her like it was obvious. "We don't get to sleep in, isn't that-"

"Ms. Silvers. Detention." Snape announced, strolling to the front of the room. Tori turned towards him confused. "What? Why?" She asked. Angelina seemed confused as she was.