cliii. weasleys' wildfire whiz-bangs.

BY ORDER OF THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC

Dolores Jane Umbridge (High Inquisitor) has replaced

Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-eight.

Signed: Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister for Magic

The notices had gone up all around the school overnight, but they did not explain how every single person within the castle seemed to know that Dumbledore had overcome two Aurors, the High Inquisitor, the Minister for Magic, and his Junior Assistant to escape.

Tori heard it from Fred, who heard it from George, who heard it from Hazel, who heard it from Lavender, who heard it from Ron, who heard it from Harry. So she at least had some sort of straight line to it.

"Not so fast, Silvers you too, Weasleys." Montague's voice called down the corridor too early in the morning for Tori's liking. The Inquisitorial Squad was a new type of prefect practically. A select group of students who are supportive of the Ministry of Magic, hand-picked by Professor Umbridge.

Members of the Inquisitorial Squad do have the power to dock points, which meant a lot of unfair points being taken away.

"What do you want Montague?" Tori turned around, crossing her arms. He smiled a gross smile, "Ah, disrespecting an Inquisitorial Squad member, five points from Gryffindor. I see you're not following Educational Decree Number Twenty-Six so that's another—"

Montague didn't get to finish his sentence.

Tori and the twins walked down a long marvel staircase into the Great Hall where they joined
Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ernie in staring at the giant hour-glasses set in niches along the wall behind them, which recorded the house-points. Gryffindor and Ravenclaw had been neck and neck in the lead that morning. Even as they watched, stones flew upwards, reducing the amounts in the lower bulbs. In fact, the only glass that seemed unchanged was the emerald-filled one of Slytherin.

''Noticed, have you?" Fred asked bitterly.

''Malfoy just docked us all about fifty points," said Harry furiously, as they watched several more stones fly upwards from the Gryffindor hour-glass.

''Yeah, Montague tried to do us during break," George replied.

''What do you mean, 'tried'" said Ron quickly.

''He never managed to get all the words out," Fred shrugged, ''Due to the fact that we forced him head-first into that Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor."

Hermione looked very shocked. "But you'll get into terrible trouble!"

''Not until Montague reappears, and that could take weeks, I dunno where we sent him," Tori said coolly.