Chapter two (edited)

I woke up to the crow screaming from the window. Slowly and groggily, I ready myself for the day. Pulling my haori on and straightening out my hair, I walk out to see the boys enjoying what looks to be they're breakfast.

" I'm leaving the three of you here. You are all to stay here until ordered otherwise. Understood? If I find that you disobeyed my orders, I'll find you and tie you to the base of a tree in the mountains. " I give Inosuke a pointed look.

I turn towards the old woman and she follows me to the gate. She holds out luck stones for me and I crouch before for her to hit the stones over my shoulder.

" Thank you for the night. I leave the boys in your care." I bow and she gives me a soft smile before tottering back into her home. I stand tall, readying myself for the trip back to headquarters.

After hours of walking and running, I make it to a large neighborhood full of familiar faces. A young girl greets me at the entrance of my destination.

" I am here to speak with Kaguya-sama about an urgent report regarding a new demon slayer and the former water pillars." I bow and she takes my hand to lead me to her father

I kneel before the door of Kaguya-sama's room.

" I apologize for the sudden appearance. This Hashibira Mitsuki would like an audience with you as soon as possible." I announce myself in the soften tone I can muster. I hear an even gentler voice invite me inside.

" Mitsuki. It has been a while. I have not heard from you since you took on your tsukugo." Even with his deformed skin and scarred skin, he has the kindest smile I have ever seen. He greets me with such softness that I instantly feel at ease. He ushers me forward, closer to himself as he sits up in his futon. I take a kneeling position before him.

" If I would have known you were coming, I would have sent you out on the mission with Giyu and Shinobu. " He hums searching for my hand. I offer it and he takes it, holding mine in his frail ones.

" I apologize, I didn't have the time to write in advance as the matter is quite unusual and I wanted to report to you personally before any other got wind of it. " I pause for a moment to watch for a reaction. He motions for me to continue.

" On my recent mission, I met a demon slayer accompanied by his demon sister. I debated whether to slay them both on sight but I assumed you know of them somehow and decided to speak with you on the matter before making any rash actions. From what I have heard from the boy, the present and former water pillars know of their situation. Currently, they are in the eastern Wisteria house, resting along with slayer Agatsuma Zenitsu and my tsukugo. That is all for my report. " I give his hand a slight squeeze. He smiles even more kindly is possible.

" I am glad that you decided to wait for my approval. I received a letter from Urokodaki-san a few moments ago and have decided to discuss this matter at the next Pillar meeting. " He holds up one of his arms and a magnificent crow lands swiftly on it.

" Send word that Kamado Tanjirou and his demon sister are to be captured alive and brought back." The crow leaves as if it were never here, not even letting one of his feathers make a sound.

Kaguya-sama faces me again.

" Thank you Mitsuki for all of your hard work. You are welcome to stay here until the Hashira meeting if you'd like. " He ushers for his daughter to lead me away.

" Thank you Kaguya-sama. It has been and always will be a pleasure seeing you. " I bow and creep out of the dark room and into the hallway where his daughter greets me once again.

It sounds as though things will be getting extremely complicated.

" Mitsuki-san..." I hear a sweet voice call to be and when I turn my head in the direction of the voice, I am faced with an equally sweet face. The love pillar stands before me with the most bashful look I'd ever seen from her.

" How are you doing Mitsuri?" She takes hold of my hand and starts talking about everything that has happened since the last time I had seen her. Remembering that I had skipped my morning meal, my stomach growls in protest at being empty. I blush slightly in embarrassment.

" I'm a bit hungry. Would you like to join me for a meal Mitsuri?" She nods with a great big blush on her cheeks and grabs hold of my hands.

" That sounds lovely! We girls have to catch up. It's been much too long!" She goes on and on in her own world but I don't mind. She is like a fresh breath of air compared to the hell of a real world.

I let her lead me to where she took the liberty of ordering herself and I some food.

Before long, we are joined by the flame pillar, who happily munches away at his own meal, proclaiming how good it is. I can;t help but laugh at the situation.

I really do enjoy their company and I can only hope that I can remain friends with them for years to come. Only time will tell. I sometimes hope that Inosuke will have friends like these ones, whom he can trust with his life.

" Look what the cat dragged in!" I'm assuming most if not all the pillars are already present in the estate already, because they seem to all find the need to greet me, and here the most flamboyant one of all comes.

" Here to finally take my hand and become my wife Mitsuki?" His large form kneels beside me and in his fingers, he takes a lock of my hair, kissing it.

I give him my best pout and speak with the most flirtatious voice I can muster.

" Uzui-san, no one in their right mind would want to be your forth wife. I for one, don't like sharing what should be mine." He laughs with his large voice and pats my head roughly.

" There's enough of me to go around. One night and you'll see what I mean." He grins giving me one more great big laugh before standing tall and stretching his limbs.

He gives me one last look.

" Let me know when you change your mind love. I'll welcome you any day." He winks and leaves the room, leaving you wondering where he gets all of his confidence from.

Finally feeling the fatigue kicking in, I stand up and step away from the table full of people.

" I think I'll head to bed. I'm tired and I'm pretty sure that tomorrow is going to be extremely stressful." I give a convincing yawn for good measure. They wave as I leave. While walking in the presumably empty hall, I stop once to stretch my tired muscles only to be kicked in the back.

" Don't stop in the middle of the hall. Can't you see humans are trying to walk here." An aggressive, rough voice growls at me from behind. I don't even have enough time to grasp what's happening before I'm roughly shoved to the side.

" I didn't think you'd actually come to the meeting." I shoot back with my hardest glare and he just gives me a nasty sneer, slamming me against the wall, his one arm keeping me pinned. He brings his face closer to mine and I can see the anger and hatred swirling in his irises.

" Goes to show how little you know about me little girl." He gives me one final shove towards the floor before stalking off.

People like him are the reason I hate people..