Chapter seven ( edited)

Turns out that the poison had started to melt me from the inside out, liquefying from my cut and spreading further. 

She says it'll take  about 10 days for me to completely recover from the effects and that I can't move around or get my blood rushing until I'm recovered. While being bedridden, I was informed that Kyojuro died. Being bedridden gave me the perfect opportunity to be sad and depressed. Inosuke came by to cheer me up and to show me his new swords which he personalized himself with a rock. He told me about Kyojuro's heroic final words and end. Tanjirou came by to say hi and so did Zenitsu. Mitsuri stopped by to say hello as well before running off. 

I stretch my limbs up high as today is my last day bed ridden. Kocho told me that I can start stretching and starting tomorrow, I can start training. 

So here I am, fidgeting in the bed, ready to get going. And I burn all my mental energy up end up laying in bed staring at the wall, thinking about nothing. That is until I hear the door to my room being opened. 

" Inosuke.. I thought you left on a mission.. " I sigh but I don't hear a reply. 

" Hows the arm" A rough voice ask and I spin around as fast as the bed covers would let me, to see  a silver haired, scar covered face, staring at me from the door way. 

" Scars fine, turning into a vegetable laying in bed all day." I show him my new scar and he smirks. 

" Who knows little girl. Maybe you'll look as great as me one day. " He jokes and I can't help but laugh. 
" That'll never happen you ugly ass." He pulls up a chair to my bed side and sit's in it, kicking his feet up on the bed. 

" So when are we going on another mission? " He asks me this as if I haven't been stuck in bed for the past 10 days. " I thought our partnering up was temporary. Who says I want to go on another mission with you." I give him a look and he stands up slamming his hand beside my head on the wall. 

" Who says you have a choice little girl. " I try to hold back my chuckles but I burst out laughing instead. After spending a good 3 days with him he's no longer intimidating. " You know I'm literally only a year younger than you. I'm not little and I'm definitely not a little girl. " He smirks and I sigh.

" Never a dull moment with you huh Shinazugawa.  Anyways, I heard from Kocho that I'll probably be sent out to thin out the demon number in a forest near Fuji. They trapped a bunch of demons using Marechi blood  and they want someone to kill them off. Not that they won't end up killing each other but I mean, why not send the unqualified Hashira to do the dirty work right. They don't want the new recruits to partake in a blood bath and they know I wouldn't care much for it." I shrug. It'll be a good chance for me to get back in the game and train. Maybe try a few new breast styles. 

" Guess I'm going demon hunting too then. Need to keep an eye on you." He leans back on the chair's back two legs and I have a horrible urge to kick them out from under him. 

He must have some sixth sense or instincts of his own because as soon as our eyes meet, he fixes his chair and grins at me with one of those grins that says, ' i know what you were about to do' 

" Your Marechi blood aren't you."  I ask out of curiosity. I've always thought about it since the day he attacked Nezuko. 

" I've never another demon slayer with Marechi blood. I heard they die young." I found out that I was Marechi the night I was recruited as a demon slayer. The demon I was hunting ended up attacking me before I had the chance to hunt him. 

" I only asked cause I had a lot of time to think while stuck in bed. " I explain and he nods. He doesn't look like he wants to talk about it. I shrug it off. 

" I'll be free to leave tomorrow so I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving soon after. It's your choice whether you wanna join me or not.. but don't plan on saving me again. That was a one time thing and Ill pay you back for it. I don't like owing anyone anything. " I glare at him for no reason but he doesn't look like he takes any offense. Maybe he's used to glaring and being glared back. 

" Naw. I'll save your cute little ass any day. I'll even carry you down a mountain like a princess again. " He jokes and I blush a bright red. I cover my face with my hands. 

Yah. Mitsuri didn't let me hear the end of it. Love this love that. She would not shut up. It was a bad coincidence that she was at the butterfly estate when Shinazugawa showed up with me in his arms. ' all cradled up with care' she says. 

" Shut up. That'll never happen again. " I growl and try to swing at him. 

" You sure about that princess? " He grin with a nasty look in his eye and I know he's toying with me. He grabs my hand and pulls me partially onto his lap, drawing near my ear. 

" Cause I can carry you out of here princess style and no one would be able to stop me. " He smirks. I feel his breath on my ear and the heat crawls up my neck and covers my cheeks. 

I don't think that even with all of my training, i'd ever be able to control my breathing at that moment.  

" Mitsuki.." He whispers as if he's sinning. Like he's telling a secret and oh.. how my heart throbs. 

" How about you try calling me Sanemi..huh Mitsuki.." He says my name so tauntingly. I was never ready for this. It goes without saying that this sadistic freak would be teasing.  I should have seen this coming right? Playing me right on the palm of his hand. 

" Sa..Sanemi.. stop playing me. " 

He smirks like he's won the lottery. An almost evil smirk. 

" Mistuki. I should be allowed to play with what ever is mine. "