Chapter nine (edited)

Everything was going smoothly until right before arriving at the forest. The rain became so heavy that we couldn't even see 2 yards ahead of us. We decided that it would be best for everyone that we sit the storm out and I for one, decided that I would go get a drink. What better way to get a few free drinks than to put on a little rouge and unbutton a few pins on my uniform. Throwing off my Haori, I take down my hair and get ready to leave.

Leaving Shinazugawa to his nap, I walked down the stairs of the inn to get to the shop. With it being early evening and there being a storm outside, lots of people sat around laughing and talking story.

Sitting at a table, I raised my hand up for service. A young girl comes running over with water and tray.

" What can I get you miss? " Her sweet smile, I can feel the irritations rolling off of her in waves. She does not want to be here. I won't bother her anymore than she's already bothered.

" A glass of sake and a grilled squid." I lean back in my chair pulling my sword and sheathe from my side to place on the table. She get out of my way as soon as she's done with me.

A plate of grilled squid and a glass of warm sake. The best way to spend a stormy night. I sense a few men walking towards me and grin.

" Can I help you gentleman?" They sit around me crowding my table. One goes to grab my sword and before they can react, I have it drawn and at their necks.

" If you don't want to loose your head, I wouldn't touch what isn't yours. Otherwise, I'm sure we'll have a great time."

I sheathe my blade once they sit back down holding their hands up. They order a jug of sake and cups as well watching my every move. One of them, who looks a bit stronger, probably their leader figure, refills my cup before swinging his arm around my shoulder.

" SO your not just a pretty face. Why don't you come and be my woman. I ain't that hard on the eyes am I?" He take my hand in his and brings it to his lips. I observe him. A short sword on his hip and what looks like gun powder on the other. His kimono looks pretty ragged for for how expensive his pendent and haori look.

" Sorry, i'm not really up to becoming a bandit's woman, but your welcome to stay and drink with me for the night." He doesn't seem that happy about the rejections and suddenly my senses are telling me he's dangerous.

" I advise you not to make a scene." I smirk when he starts reaching for his blade. I grab mine as well.

" Omote ni dero. " I kick him up into the air, and out the door. The rest of his crew run after him. I look towards the kitchen where the inn owner watches carefully ready to run out and call for help.

" While I'm taking care of some trash outside, would you be a doll and make me plate of dango?" I look away and start walking out into the rain where the bandit lay in a heap, a mess, getting drenched by rain.

" Don't kill em. " I look up to see Shinazugawa watching from our window.

" I know, I'm just having a little bit of fun. I ordered you some dango downstairs. I'm sure the cute little waitress can help you find my table." I look up saying, and dodge an attack from the bandit. I swing my Nodachi around my neck and arms running it through and around the group. After a couple of rounds, they're gasping for breath, hunched over, struggling to perform the basic functions of the human body.

I smirk and sheathe my precious blade.

" I can't kill you but I can make it easier for you to die. " Slowly, articles of their clothes start falling to the floor completely cut to threads. With shallow cuts up and down their body, and now nolonger wearing clothes. I hope they die of something as simple as a cold.

How humiliating would that be.

I give them a nasty smirk.

" Maybe I'll see you in hell one day. bye.." I wave as I make my way back into the Inn and see Shinazugawa sitting at the table enjoying the food I ordered.

As I get closer, he pulls me down in the seat beside him and starts drying my hair with a thick white towel. I try to get out of his grasp but he suddenly wraps his arm around my waist holding me down as I struggle to get away. This right here is humiliating.

" WE were here to stay out of the rain and you go out into the rain! You'll get sick and leave all the work to me again. Sit still and let me dry you." I can almost hear the smirk in his voice.

" Shut up! Let go of me you ass. I can dry my self. " I snatch the towel from his hands and drape it over my own shoulder. He lets me and drapes his arm around my shoulder and I lean against him taking a stick of dango from the plate as well.

I'd never tell him or admit it but I am cold and he is warm. But I guess he doesn't need me to tell him because he throw his make shift outer wear over my shoulder.

I kind of always feel like he's really kind. No matter how rude and angry he acts or sounds. He's actually really kind. He just won't ever admit it nor will he ever do anything when asked. You just have to be patient and let him come to the decisions on his own. Give him the chance to be kind and the most important part, don't tease him about it afterwards. Just let him live his best life feeling good about himself.

" Sanemi, thank you"

He doesn't say anything but I see the slight smile on his lips. Not his evil one or his devilish one. A genuine smile that would make any girl fall in love with him.