Chapter ten ( edited )

Looking across the clearing and see him cutting down demons like it's nothing. Easy. not even having to use his breath, he finishes off his current group and watches as I finish mine. 

Making my way over to him, I see that the sun is finally starting to rise after a long night, making things a lot easier for us. After clearing so much of the forest, the demons have a restricted area to run to, which we're headed to next. Swinging my blade out to try to shake off the blood, I   can't help but shutter when it just sticks to the iron. I'll have to clean it really well when we get back to the base. 

Just a little more. 

Just as those thought leave my mind, I spot the demons scatter like roaches under sunlight. Before I can even think about it, I find myself chasing after them like a cat chasing a feather. More than I'd like to admit, this is fun. This hunt, tickles my senses, enticing me to dig deeper into my roots, and pull out more of my wild side. 

It doesn't feel like a mission anymore. This is just easy practice. How fast and how swiftly can I move, how fast can I move, how many can I kill. How far can I push myself. 

The more demons I kill now means one less demon in the outside world. I feel like the more I kill now, the stronger I get, not that there's any real correlation. 

After about an hour or so, we were done and already making our way back to head quarters for the Hashira training sessions. There's never any fault in arriving early and we have to make a report on our mission anyways. 

" CAW!! Sound hashira! REtire! RETIRE! Kamado TAnjirO, HAshibiRA InoSuKe, AgaTSuMA zENiTSU, UZui TenGEn defeat Upper MOOn 6! " A crow flies above us and suddenly, I get a cold sweat. They defeated upper moon 6, that someone including my little brother. 

The corners of my lips curling up, I look to the wind pillar and again, he doesn't need to be told anything. Even thought he can't see my expressions under my mask  he simply nods and we start running. 

This whole journey to and from the mansion was a couple of days including the day we spent at the inn. I'm positive that we'll reach the mansion at a sprint, within a day and a half. Especially if it's the two of us. The wind pillar and Beast pillar. 

I want to hurry and make sure my brother is ok, and I also want to check up on Uzui. I'm sure he's injured to some degree. Maybe he'll be hurt enough not to hit on other females besides his wives. I've also grown quite attached to the younger boys. If they can tolerate Inosuke, then they've earned themselves a spot in my heart. 

and.. I was right, with heavy and tired bodies, we arrived back to the house in a little over a day and a half. Even though I'm about ready for bed, after leaving Shinazugawa to make the report  to Kaguya-sama, I rush around the butterfly estate to find my younger brother. I find him covered head to toe in dirt and injuries, stuffing his face with food. 

" Inosuke.. " I sigh and my chest still heaving from tiredness. He sees me and offers me some of his food, which is quite rare of him to do. I sit beside him and roughly mess up his hair.  I hear Kocho calling for the boys, probably to clean and take care of their injuries. They take their leave after finishing up their meal and I look around at the mess the boys left, most of it made by my dear younger brother.  I start to clean. 

" You're really a mother hen huh Mitsuki." I hear a smooth voice speak to me and I look up to see a rugged looking Uzui standing above me. His hair down and his face clear of any paint and jewels. 

" Of course, he's my brother. If I don't take care of him, no one will. " I get to stacking the plates and the trays. 

" Looks like you have a rough time and guessing from your missing arm, that win didn't come without some sacrifices. But, thanks for bringing them back alive." I peer at him and there's a gentle smile on his lips. 

" They were strong. They deserve to live on, and of course, I couldn't let you be without your precious brother " Finally finishing up, I open up the sliding doors to the yard and we sit on the edge of the balcony.  " You know, I almost died yesterday and the one regret I would have had is not having you as one of my wives. " He goes on laughing as if he's joking. 

" That's too bad. Cause I still don't think I would have liked sharing. " I grin and he just laughs

" And beside, I've already have someone who I don't want to share with anyone and between him and my brother, I don't have the energy to think about anyone else. " I lean back on my arms. 

I peer to my side. 

" Got to admit though, now that you almost look human, you're lip smacking gorgeous. With how beautiful your wives are, I can't wait to meet your future kids. They'll be breath taking." 

I'll never admit it but Uzui is a good conversation when he's not his boisterous self but obviously without his flamboyancy, he wouldn't be Uzui Tengen, one of my greatest friends. 

" We'll have to compete one day, who's kids are the most flamboyant!" He raises his one good arm up and laughs his mighty laugh before throwing it around my shoulder and on my head. 

He pats my head. 

" I'm retiring but I expect you to stay safe. Don't miss me too much. Whether your my woman or Sanemi's. We're going to grow old together, live for many moons and see the hundreds of sunrises. So for now, so that you can win the battles to come, rest. For one more night, I'll protect you as the flamboyant sound pillar. " He pulls me to his side and I yawn. 

" Dumb-ass. I really don't know where you get all your confidence from and you're the one who need to rest. You deserve it." He laughs one last time running his hand through my hair. 

" Just let your senior take care of you one last time." And with that, I fell into a sweet dream.