Chapter fourteen ( edited )

Seeing mom wasn't as emotional. Easiest way to explain it was that she didn't recognized us. After so many year, her scent on our skin wash away with our sweat. After so many years of raising piglets and just trying to survive, I'm sure she's learned to live in the moment. Never the less, we paid our respect to her and greeted her from the safety of a tree. She wasn't to happy with us being so close to her den but I'm happy that she's still healthy enough to try and chase us away. Inosuke had a blast playing with the piglets and running from mom when she caught him with them. 

Saying goodbye to Taka-ni is by far one the hardest things I have to do. I hug Ayame-san one final time and turn towards my nii-san. 

" I don't want you to ask any questions about what we do. Just know that we're protecting you guys but sometimes, we get so close to dying that so many regrets fill my head. " I place a hand on my sword and pause and pull out a sack from my bag. I never bought a house, I never settled down. The only money I ever used was for food. So my savings, there's a good bit of it. 

He stares at in and panic fills his eyes. 

" Your not giving me that as compensations for dying." He strictly says and I laugh. 

" We're not going to die but I want you to hold on to it. I'm not gonna lie. What we're doing, who we're going after is dangerous. Not everyone's life is guaranteed so. If.. if I die. I want you not to ever worry.  I want you to raise a family here. I want you to be happy. " He starts to back away but I grab him by the arm and he looks surprised with how strong I am. 

 " Taka-nii, I swear on my sword. That until my last breath, I'll struggle as hard as I can to bring myself back here. I promise. I won't die that easy. I'm strong and I have strong friends. I'll even drag Inosuke back here by his ear " I  try to laugh but it comes out more nervous that I want. 

" If I live through it, I'll probably be getting married  soon after. So the next time you see me might be us walking down this same road, coming to ask you for your blessing. Takaharu, Nii-san. The money I'm giving you is not compensation for my death. Its an investment for your happiness.  If I bring my future kids here, they'll have no one to play with. The next time i see you, I want to see nieces and nephews. Feed your girl good food, get fat and happy. " I hug him. 

" I promise, whether we're missing some arms or legs, we'll come back. We're strong enough to at least promise you that."Without saying anything, Inosuke joins into our hug. 

We stand there hugging for a good few seconds and finally I decide that it's time to go. 

With a difficult goodbyes done, Inosuke and I start walking back to head quarters. 

" Nee-chan. He can't have you. That Shinozuhara dude. He can't have you." Inosuke doesn't even look at me when he says this and I laugh at how uncharacteristically quietly he says this.  

" His name is Shinazugawa and you have nothing to worry about. He's not going to have me. I'm going to have him. " I grin throwing my arm around my younger brother's shoulder. He starts yelling and I laugh as he starts to run. 

"He doesn't deserve my BOSS! He'll have to beat me before he can be worthy of you!! AGHAAA" 

As we came closer to the Demon slayer's mansion, Tanjirou and Zenitsu came into view. As soon as they spotted us, they started running towards us with big smiles on their faces. An unfamiliar boy behind them as well. 

Even before I could get a good look at the new comer, I know exactly who he is. There's no way he isn't who I think he is.  

" Your Genya, aren't you boy." and before he can answer I  end up laughing. There's no way he's not. From his edgy look and his intense looking eyes, to his missing eyebrows. He looks just like Shinazugawa. Maybe just a different hair color and he also looks taller than his older brother. 

He looks panicked for a second and goes to bow in respect but I stop him. 

" No need. I ain't that important anyways." I turn to the other two boys who are excitedly speaking to my brother. 

" How have you two been? Quiet without Inosuke huh" I pat their heads and before I can get an answer out of them I hear my name being called by exactly who I was hoping to see. 

" Oi. Mitsuki.. You ditched me once, I ain't forgiving you a second time. " He glares from the entrance of the estate and I grin to myself. 

I turn to the boys smirking. 

" I'll catch up with you to later. Take care of my brother yah? Seems like the princess is in a mood because he hasn't been getting enough attention." I point my teasing smirk at Sanemi and veins pop out of his head. Instead of maintaining his glare on me, he then points his glare at his younger brother and I'm confused for a second. 

Maybe they fought?

I start to make my way toward him. 

" HONEY, I'm home!" I all but whisper obnoxiously loud. Luckily, no one is around to hear me but that doesn't stop Sanemi from getting even more embarrassed and swinging his fist at me.

It's really not the same without him.