Chapter eleven ( edited )

I can here the joyful yelling and screaming from the other room. I'm glad that they are enjoying themselves.
Before anything else happens, before anyone else dies, Kaguya-sama allowed for a moon view party along with a celebration for Tengen's retirement. They party before the sun goes down and drink when the moon rises. Even if it'd just a few of us Hashira and a few other demon slayers, for the first time in a long time, we can enjoy being people. Even if we have mission to get to tomorrow morning, we can at least enjoy one night. 

For Tengen, I decided, for once, I'll do something that will make him pretty happy. Painting my lips with a bright red, my green eyes looks bright compared to the white paint on my skin. 

My hair done in an intricate do, with various pins and combs decorating it. A detailed patterned kimono hanging off of my shoulders. Layers upon layers of fabric, delicately hanging off of my shoulders. Grabbing my fan, I start to make my way towards me. 

I kneel at the door and voice my arrival. 

" This, Hanabi has arrived to entertain the lord Uzui, Tengen-sama. " I slide the door open and the whole room goes silent. I look up to see everyone shocked beyond comprehension. Against my natural response to smirk, I maintain my elegant smile and stand, holding a bottle of sake. I take a glance towards Shinazugawa and for the first time since I've met him, he doesn't seem to know what's going on. I subtly give him a wink as I pass him. Slowly, I make my way towards Tengen and bow. 

" May this Hanabi pour you your drink sir." I throw familiarity out the window and play my role of Oiran, the most popular geisha of my district. 

" If I knew you would be treating me as an Orian, I would have retired years ago! How beautiful! How Flamboyant!" He slams his good hand on the table still staring at me. I take this as a yes and swiftly take a seat beside the larger man and pour some sake into his nearly empty cup.

" Hanabi thought that Tengen-sama would enjoy this night more if she were to dress as your preferred version of her." 

As I say all of this, I can feel the angry glare of Sanemi.

I give Tengen my best bashful look with the brightest blush I can muster, all to piss the wind pillar off.  I know he won't do anything. He's won't make a scene just for a girl. So why not kill two birds with one stone. 

" This is how we first met isn't it Mitsuki? or I guess I should call you Hanabi?" He laughs putting his large arm around me and pulling me roughly against his chest. I lay my hands on him gingerly to steady myself against him. 

That's right. We first met in the red light district. Before I was an official demon slayer, I had tracked down a demon to the red light district and after infiltrating the flower house, I was requested by him. Coincidentally, the demon showed up as I was making my way to his room and turns out we were essentially after the same demon. That night I got my first marriage proposal from him and an invitation into the demon slayer corps. 

" You were beautiful then too! Covered in blood! The most flamboyant meeting! I asked you to marry me as soon as we were done killing that demon!" He boasts loudly telling the story to the rest of the room.

" Hanabi would have married you right then and there if Tengen-sama didn't already have 3 wives. Hanabi was so embarrassed and confused. Tengen-sama was the first man to not run at the sight of the real Hanabi, the aggressive and dangerous girl, and still treated her like the most precious jewel. " I smile at the memory. For the first time in my life, at the moment, I felt like a teenage girl. 

" You were Hanabi's first crush, until you introduced her to the other demon slayers and she learned that you weren't all that special. " I smile up to tease him and I see that he has a surprised look on his face. He has a gentle smile on his face as he rest his chin in his palm leaning against the table. 

" I should have kept you to myself!" He laughing and I hear laughing from the door, turning I see his wives finally dressed and ready to come in. Everyone having a good time teasing and making jokes at the former sound pillar, I take this as a signal to finish up my act. 

I pout my lips and gently place my hand on his chest. " Tengen-sama, the other geisha have finally arrived. Hanabi is so sad.. You'll be so enthralled by their beauty and skills that you'll forget about Hanabi one day." I form a few tears in my eyes just for the effect and he just smiles down at me kindly. 

" Never.." 

I stand and take a step back before kneeling down once again. I face him with Hanabi completely gone, replaced by me,  Mitsuki

" Uzui Tengen, Thank you for your service, for sacrificing years of dedication, for becoming my role model, for being your flamboyant self. I, Hashibira Mistuki will never forget what you have done for me and the rest of Japan. It was a pleasure slaying with you." I bow my head until my forehead touches the ground and lift it back up with my brightest smile. The rest of the room cheers loudly and I look directly into his eyes. 

" You'll always be one of my greatest friends and I hope your future hold great fortune and never ending flamboyancy." 

Before he can say anything I swiftly get up, gathering the heavy fabric in one hand and almost run out of the room. 

I made sure his wives wouldn't let him chase after me. So as soon as I make it out of the room, I let the beautiful kimono go and grasped the area above my heart. 

I know that I will see him again. He is not dead. I am used to saying goodbye to the dead because dying is a part of nature but saying good bye to a living person is painful. Saying goodbye to a living person is accepting change. That something will not be the same ever again. It's terrifying. 

I start to make my way back to my room to get out of my kimono. I'm sure that I'll never have to be Hanabi every again. For the rest of my life, I'll remain as Mitsuki. 

I'm so emotional that I didn't even feel his presence until my back was slammed into the wall and he's standing above me. 

" Hanabi, if I tell Mitsuki that she's the most beautiful person I'd ever met and propose to her, what would she do?" 

Shinazugawa Sanemi stand before me, no smirk, no smile. A tight grip on my arm and a gentle grasp of my hand. He pulls my body against his, barley leaving any space to breath. 

I can only get out a whisper. 

" That depends Sanemi-sama. Are you just competing or do you actually love her. "  

He leans down to my ear and I see his signature smirk. 

" I love everything about her. "