Chapter thirteen ( edited )

I certainly got a earful from Mitsuri for skipping breakfast and I could not control the blood rushing to face as she told me about her interaction with Sanemi. 

" NEE-CHAN!!!!! TRAIN ME!!!!!!" Inosuke comes barreling down the hallway with his blades drawn, not caring that he's leaving cuts along the walls. 

In a singular swift movement, I slide under him and grab him by the ankle tossing him over my shoulder.  Snatching his blades out of his hands, I stand up straight as if I don't have a screaming banshee behind me. 

I was supposed to go see Sanemi off at his estate but this is too good of an opportunity. 

This would be a good chance to go visit mom and train Inosuke a bit. With him over my shoulder, screaming to be let down, I wave good bye to Mitsuri and start walking out of the mansion. No one is really getting sent to mission right now in preparation to the training that is to be held soon. 

More so, I can finally thank Taka-ni for everything he's done for us. Just in case we never see him again. Not that I think we're going to die but.. it's more like reassurance that he won't ever have to worry. With how strong Muzan has gotten and how confidently he's been attacking our forces, anything can happen. 

" Where the hell are you going?" Luckily, he's walking this way. Looking a bit angry but I pay it no mind. 

" We're going to go visit our mom and train. " I keep it straight and simple. He crosses his arm and quirks his nonexistent eye brow. 

" The boar?" I nod and he nods in return. " Then I guess I'll forgive you now. 'He points his smirk at me and Inosuke struggles in my grasp.

" WHAT DID YOu SAY You DUMBAss! YoU PiCKing a FigHt WItH mY BosS!!OOOAARAAAAAA! WAit untIL I GEt My HAn...." drop him on his head, successfully knocking him out. I sigh.

" Sorry. He's a handful. " He just chuckles taking a look at the boy now laying on the floor in a heap of him self. 

" Anyway's we'll be back in a few day. Then we'll finally get that fight I've been waiting for." I smirk dangerously at him and he does the same before turning around ready to leave. 

He looks back by tilting his head back giving me one last glance. " Mitsuki, tell me about your trip when you get back. " Genuine concern in his eyes and I smile back. 

" Ok. Don't worry Sanemi, I'll come back to you. I'm not a coward." I tease and he just glares one last time before disappearing past the next corner. 

I lift Inosuke onto my back piggy back style and start our journey back to the bamboo forest where we were raise. 

It's funny how we never knew what our mother was saying or what she wanted but somehow she knew how to take care of us. She even gave us up to real people after she knew she couldn't help us anymore. 

Before long, I see the house coming up. 

" Taka-ni!!" I yell into the distance and he waves back in a big motion. He starts jogging towards us. It would be an understatement to say I'm glad to see him.  He's the closest thing I have to an older brother and his grandfather treated us as if we were his grandchildren as well. 

They are who kept my brother and I anchored to our humanity. 

 Though Taka-ni mellowed out as he grew older, he used to talk just like Inosuke, if anything Inosuke talks just like how Taka-ni used to. 

I can barley hear him but I know he whispers our names. 

" It's nice to see you again. You have't come to visit since grandpa's funeral. You don't even write. I'd long thought you died somewhere or something." He hits me on top my head with a heavy fist. i can't help but feel nostalgic. 

" This damn bum. Can't he even walk on his own?!?? Wake him up!" He pulls Inosuke off of my back and kicks him hard. It seems hard but I know it's out of love because in his eyes, I see the tears forming. 

He must have really thought we were dead. I just never thought to write him letters, it's just something I've never done but from now on. I will. I'll write him as many letters as I can so that he knows we're not dead. 

Inosuke wakes up yelling suddenly everything seems normal. Like how it used to be. We're just a little older, and a little bit bigger. 

 Since, grandpa died, he's been living alone in that house but I see girl walking out holding a basket full of laundry. 

" Oi, Ayame. Come here for a sec." He calls her over and I see her face. A cute round face with a kind smile.  

" Ayame, I want you to meet my siblings. " I'm surprised that my neck didn't break with how fast i spun around to face him. Siblings he says. Sure Inosuke and I had boar siblings. 12 of them but we've always only had each other or that's what I thought. but here he is, Takaharu, patting our back proudly showing us off to his girl. 

This warm feeling inside of my chest makes me feel bubbly. 

" Oh! You must be Mitsuki and Inosuke! It's so nice to meet you! It must have been such a long journey to come see Takaharu-san so far out in the country! " She goes on and on and I feel ok. Happy even. To know that Taka-ni has such a nice girl with him. He's not alone. 

" Let's get in! We'll make dinner real quick and we can talk while we eat!" Taka-ni suddenly sounds so happy. He grins from ear to ear and I know, I really know that he's happy. 

He runs a head of us with his girl into the house and stands at the door way. 

" Mitsuki, Inosuke. Good job getting back home. " He says this with a big smile on his face and his arms wide open and I hear sniffling from beside me. Inosuke no longer has his boar head on and there's big wet tears falling down his cheeks. That's it. I can't control my own emotions either and before we know it, the both of us are ugly crying. I don't even try to stop myself from running into Taka-ni's arms. 

" Good job getting back here big and healthy. Good job getting back home. "