Chapter nineteen (edited)

After receiving my sword back from Tanjirou, I went on my way to look for Genya. I didn't think their sibling relationship was this broken but everything will fix itself in time. I know that for sure. Fate is working at it's own pace. If it wasn't, it wouldn't have led Genya to where his brother is after all these years. 

I find myself back in the mountain where trainees train under the waterfall and push rocks. I easily spot Tanjirou and Zenitsu and wave to them. 

" Mitsuki-san! I never noticed but you have injuries on your face! Are you ok? Did you get them treated? " Tanjirou goes on babbling and I give him a look to shut up. 

" Go on, i'm just going to be watching and looking for someone. Get to your training. it's hard but it's not that bad. " I reassure them and they go on. I spot my brother under the waterfall looking half dead and I have to laugh to myself slightly. It's truly a sight to see. It's a wonder how he can breath under that mask. I had to have my mask made out mesh because I couldn't breath properly when it was fabric. I wonder how much he get's under a corpse mask. 

I watch them all struggle and start making them a fire, knowing from experience that they will be freezing to death after finishing. After an hour or two, they join me around the warmth. I listen to they gossip about Himejima-san and I really have to stop myself from laughing. 

"He is most likely one of the strongest Demon slayers since the founding of the corps. I don't even have the confidence that I'd land a hit on him. He even has a really weird nichirintou and super human, unnatural strength. Just be glad your on the same side as him. I'd hate to be a demon facing him. " I snatch a fish from Inosuke and start eating it, keeping an eye out for Genya. 

Before long they get back to training and I'm sitting alone once again. I feel the presence of the large pillar standing  beside me. 

" Are you alright child? Poor child." He has tears streaming down his cheeks. I smile up at him. 

" You don't need to cry for me Himejima-san. I cry enough for more that myself. " I laugh and he just pats my head once again as if I'm a young child. 

" You are strong and kind. Patient, and understanding. You are good. I do not cry for you. I cry because of you. I cry because I know you have not become this way simply by growing up.  Stay strong child. " He says this once before going back to his own training. I watch him for a moment, letting his words sink in. 

Genya didn't show up for the rest of the day but this is the only place I could think of that he would show up so I decided to camp out in the mountain. Nothing new, I'd be ok. I'm used to it. A fire, the stars and the cover of tree. Just like home. 

And I was right. After a few hours of laying the trees. I sense him walking up the mountain with a somber look on his face

"Shinazugawa Genya, you really don't know how to stay our of trouble do you? Does himejima-san know you're out here?" He jumps in surprise after hearing my voice. He looks around before spotting me in my tree. 

He shakes my head and he frowns with a guilty expression when he sees my face. 

" Nothing to worry about. I could care less about a couple scars and I'm pretty sure they are to shallow to actually leave a scar. I beat him up for it already anyways. No point dwelling on it. I'm more worried about you. How are your holding up?" I jump down and pat the floor next to the fire, inviting him to sit next to me. 

He sits and tells me what had happened. 

" You have to understand that must have come as a shock to him. not that that's an excuse for attacking you like that but.. you know. He lost everything to a demon. He readily gave up, hoping that you would be traumatized enough to stay away from demons but here you are, eating demons to kill demons. Think about how unusual that sounds. He didn't even like the idea of Nezuko and Tanjirou. Think about how he must feel now that it involves his only brother?" I explain and he nods trying to understand. 

" I know it's hard. I know it must hurt but try to stay strong. When the demons are dead and we have nothing else to worry about, I'm sure everything will calm down. We'll be able to live as regular people with regular problems.  " I smile at him and pat his head. 

" until then, I'll keep beating the sense into your brother so don't worry about it too much. " I stand up and leaning down, kissing his forehead. 

" Now, let's get you back before you get me into trouble. "  I joke. He stands and helps me put out the fire and we head back down the mountain. 

" Nee-san. You always know what to say don't you.. You remind me of my mother. It's reassuring. Maybe that's why Aniki likes you so much "  He hums and I can't help but blush.