Chapter three (edited)

The boy, Kamado Tanjirou, was dragged out in front of us as if he were a piece of meat and us, well, we're the wolves. He shakes and looks around in shock and fear.

I stay silent and slightly hide myself behind the other pillars to hide myself from his view. It would be bad for my career for me to speak against the current conversation the pillars are engaged in. To kill or not to kill, truly that is the question. If it slips or if it's found out that I let him live instead of killing him and his sister on sight, I might make a few enemies. I quite enjoy my neutral standing among my peers and personally, I'd like to keep it that way.

After a short briefing by Kochou, our precious insect pillar, some people become eager to watch the poor boy's head fall. I try to constantly remind myself that most if not all of them have good intentions.

" Hashira?!?" Tanjirou's eyes scans over us and lands on my form for a moment, and that moment was enough for the other's to suspect me of protecting this boy.The rest of the hashira give me a harsh look and suddenly I feel as if I have a large target on my back.

" Tanjirou, I thought I told you not to cause anymore trouble. You are extremely lucky that I informed Kaguya-sama of your situation. .Though, whether or not you live to see another day, that's none of my concern and frankly, I could care less." Sighing I peer at him and a feeling of pity settles in my gut. " but if I were you, I'd quiet myself until Kaguya-sama comes."

He settles for a moment, most likely in thought and the say could be said about the other pillars until a harshly husky voice announces his own appearance.

" So I heard that there's a demon slayer here walking around with a demon on his back." There he is, a whole ass. Making a scene and riling up the crowd once again.

" Shinazugawa. Put the box down. This is not a matter that you are qualified to solve on your own. We must speak with Kaguya-sama as he has a plan for this child and his sister." For precaution, I place my hand on the hit of my blade.

Suddenly, the red haired boy attacks the wind pillar and I rush to pull them apart. I grab them both by the collar.

" Let me go you.. You" Shinazugawa struggles to finish his sentence in anger and goes to hit me but stops as soon as he hears the approach of our master.

As if forgetting our differences, we kneel and bow our head to our frail, but great Kaguya-sama.

To my surprise, the wind pillar goes on to greet him, in a eere calm and collected voice, using words that I previously thought were nonexistent in his vocabulary.

" ah, yes. I was informed yesterday about the situation. I apologize for surprising you all with this matter. I was hoping that I could convince you all to let these two live on as demon slayers. "

An array of disagreements erupt from the group in various forms by my fellow hashira but Kaguya-sama remains calm. What they argue makes sense. We, the demon slayer corps was created to slay demons, there is no reason for us to take side with one.

Kaguya-sama pulls a letter out of his coat, handing it down to one of his daughters to read. There was no new information written that proves the safety of Kamado Tanjirou, for in fact, he is being protected. In his hands, on his shoulders, lies not only his life but any and all lives of any human that they may come in contact with along with the fates of the former water pillar, Urokodaki-san as well as the present water pillar Giyuu. I can only hope that he can no longer act irrationally. His life is no longer his own. If his sister, Nezuka takes the life of another, that life cannot be brought back. No one is safe, not her, not him, and essentially not any human near them.

None of the pillars are convinced and start arguing about our job and Kibutsuji and such but honestly, I could care less about demons and such. I don't particularly care for the boy either. I became a pillar for freedom. For my freedom and my brothers. I became a pillar so that I can protect and kill any who kills or threatens to kill my brother. The fact is, the higher rank I am, the more freedom I acquire.

Kaguya-sama silences everyone with the wave of his hand, then goes on to explain that everything happens for a reason.

I would define Shinazugawa's reaction and actions to be a tantrum. Along with refusing to listen to our master, he takes it upon himself to prove the fatality of the demon girl.

He snatches her box and slashes open his own arm, letting his rich blood drip into the corners and seams of the box. The girl creeps out of her dwelling with hunger lust in her eyes yet, she remains standing rigid. .

I heard a rumor a while back that Shinazugawa is a Marechi and assuming the rumor to be true, I can only imagine how hard it must be for her to hold back.. I stand steady, ready to draw my blade, just in case she is overwhelmed in her blood lust and attacks. I could care less for the idiot of a win pillar but I do not want her anywhere near our Kaguya-sama.

I watch with keen eyes, for the slightest hint, any movement that suggests that she may attack.

She stands rigidly, clearly and avidly fights back her blood lust and urges,her natural demonized instincts. With Tanjioru fighting his own battle against the snake pillar, I watch everything unfold.

As if on cue, she turns her head away from the blood, even while she salivates in hunger but this is a clear denial of the blood. I can[t help but smirk at the defeated wind pillar.

For the time being, this proves that Nezuko will not attack humans and Kaguya-sama goes on to explain.

" Sanemi, Obanai, please try not to bully the younger recruits." He smiles so kindly. I'll never understand how Kaguya-sama can remain so calm and patient.

" Mitsuki-san, your tsukugo is currently being housed at my estate, you are very welcome to join him after our meeting." The insect pillar turns to me with the sweetest smile. A smile so sweet that it makes my senses tingle and become weary of poison.

I bow my head slightly in thanks before our pillar meeting is started.

We speak on the matter of new recruits.

" I agree. Most if not all of our new recruits are unbelievably weak, they might as well be civilians. While demons get stronger just by eating humans, we're practically feeding them by sending out our novice slayers." I put my two senses in and the others agree with me.

We end up deciding on personally training the lower divisions in the days to come.

I sigh as we're finally released from the meeting.

" Mitsuki-san!" Mitsuri yells my name as she bounds her way to my side.

"Why didn't you tell me!! It must have been so tough keeping such a secret all to yourself! " She says this as if I was carrying some kind of burden.

" Mitsuri, It was just one day and if i would have told you, everyone else would have suspected you as a traitor as well." I give her head a little pat and she forms tears in her eyes.

" You're so lovely. I love you." She takes my hand in her own and continues to banter.

Peering across the garden, everyone begins to disperse and my eyes land on a certain white haired slayer. More precisely, the blood still dripping down his arm.

" Oi, Shinazugawa, Don't go getting yourself killed before I get a chance to beat your sorry ass." I yell over to him and he freezes in his spot for a moment before turning towards me. He stomps his way to me and grabs me by the collar. Mitsuri suddenly in a panicked state.

" Same goes to you little girl. I'll beat you into the ground." I push my way past him to start my trek towards the butterfly estate and until I turned out of his line of sight, I could feel his eyes burning a hole in the back of my head.

I'm sure that if he were to get rid of his unreasonable temper, I could learn to get along with him. Cause to me, sometimes, I feel like we're two peas in a pond. The same type of person, put in two different types of situations.