Final ( edited)

" I'll fuckin kill him. " but before I can finish my thought, I'm heaving over the bush emptying my stomach. It's come to the point where even the slight scent of even trees make be regurgitate what ever is in my stomach.  

Exterminate a beast in the nearby village he says, and I call that bull shit. He just wanted to get out of the house and skip work. Who leaves their nine months pregnant wife at home with students of your dojo? Sure, I told him I don't want special treatment but I'd appreciate it if he at least stayed within ear shot. 

" Mitsuki-sama, are you alright?!? I'll go get wat..." I glare at them. I know that they are just worried about me but I could care less. The young boy runs off to the well anyways and the rest of the students throw me words of encouragement. 

" It'll be ok Mitsuki-sama!" 

" Master will be back soon!" 

They try to help me back to the house but I swing my wooden blade at them. They don't even flinch. They're so used to the way Sanemi teaches them, they aren't even afraid of me. 

I take a heavy step forward and feel liquid drip down my leg.. A sharp pain shooting through my lower abdomen.  Everyone goes silent before suddenly everything goes into chaos. 

" MASTER'S BABY IS COMING!!!" They start running around panicked like the children they are and I grab the nearest child to me pulling him up to my face by the collar of his haori. 

" GO FIND MY HUSBAND.." I order steadily before dropping him on his bum and leaving the kids to their own devices and panic.

I can still hear them running around when the door to my room open and I see the head of someone I've been wanting to see for a while. 

" Inosuke. " He sits down beside my futon reaching for my hand. 

" Where's that Sakeki bastard?" I grip his hand hard as a contraption hits. The grounds outside suddenly go quiet and I hear a couple pairs of feet running towards my room. The first head I see is my sister in law, then my eldest brother, and finally my husband. I'm assuming Sanemi's little monster hunt was an excuse to go get these two for the birth. 

" Look how big you are Mitsuki-chan. I'm sure you want that baby out as soon as possible." Her smile is warm, just like the first time I met her.

" OK men, get out. " She orders them all out and the birthing process began. 

Really, I've fought demons, I've had my arms nearly cut off, a hole though my body, poisoned but nothing compares to the pain of giving birth. It feels like something is ripping me open from the inside out and I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I can't stop the screams that leave me and the tears that fall from my eyes. 

The door slams open and I see Sanemi walk in, sitting right beside my head. 

" Sanemi-san! You can't be in here! It's bad luck for your wife!" She yells at him but he just grips my hand in his.

" To hell with luck. We didn't need it before, we as hell don't need it now. Mitsuki need me." He says this so calmly that I wish he were the one giving birth.  She nods and continues instructing me through the birth. 

" Mitsuki.. " He whispers my name so softly, so gently and despite my deathly grip, he hold my hand delicately like a flower. If he wasn't sitting where I could see him, I would have mistaken him for someone like Tanjirou. 

Hours. I laid there for hours trying to get this baby out of my body and finally, it's over. I can see Sanemi trembling watching our baby get washed. His hands shaking with either nervousness or anticipation and when his arms are finally around our sweet baby girl. He goes still. His mouth slight agape, eyes tearing up, 

"I'll call the other in after you have your moment. " My sister in law smiles at us before cleaning up and leaving. 

" She's so gorgeous." He whispers quietly slowly making his way to my wide. There are tears falling from his eyes now. 

" Of course she's beautiful. She's my baby." I give him a weak laugh holding my arms out for our daughter. He hands her to me. 

" Help me up." He steadily helps me up and slides himself behind me so that I can lean on him. 

" Mitsuki. She's so beautiful." He says again and I feel his tears on my shoulder. He wraps his arms around us and buries his face into my shoulder. 

" Thank you so much..Mitsuki, thank you for giving me a daughter." He sniffles and peers over my shoulder at the tiny baby in my arms. 

" Sanemi, what do you want to name her?" I reach up to put my hand on his cheek. We had agreed that if she were a boy, we would name him after Genya, but we never decided on a name for a girl. Sanemi was so sure that I would be giving birth to a girl.

" Harumi?" He questions and I can't help but laugh. I've learned in the past months that Sanemi really has a thing for spring but in this case, it works. With the cherry blossom petals gently falling in the wind and the fact that our baby is the most beautiful girl. 

" Harumi, it's nice to finally meet you." I coo and out the corner of my eye, I see the sliding door open and Inosuke peering in looking afraid and out of shape. Probably from all the screaming he heard from me. 

" Nee-chan.. are you alive?" He asks quietly, or as quietly as he could. I can't help the smile on my face. 

I didn't think I could get any happier than in this moment. With my baby in my arms and my two most important boys at my side. It almost beats the feeling of finally giving birth. 

" Inosuke, this is little Harumi. " I show him the infant in my arms his eyes shine. For the first time in a long time, I hear him get a name correct. I hear him actually whisper as if he's praying. 

" Hello Harumi, " He grin real big. 

" You can call me boss Inosuke."