Chapter 2

ただの捻挫です
Just a sprain

-x-

Back in my middle school days, Oikawa and I not only spent time in school, but outside school as well. Because of us, our families have gotten close to one another. It was a bit surprising at first, because mom doesn't really want me to be close to guys, yet. She says I'm still too young to be attached, but Oikawa..

"今晩は!(Good evening!)" he greeted with a smile. Oikawa's eyes drifted behind me, and I noticed that he was slightly surprised. He bowed and greeted my mom with the same tone and smile that he used to greet me. "試験が近づいて居るので、夕暉のためにこれらの学習ガイドを持参するために此処に来ました (I came here to bring these study guides for Ucchi, since her exams are coming up)," he explained.

Without looking at my mom, I felt her face soften. That's how fast Oikawa gained my mom's trust. It just took one visit. He gained her trust not by his name, or achievements, he gained it with a smile. He's too skilled in life.

"夕暉!及川此処に居るぞ!(Sekki! Oikawa's here!)" I ran down the stairs. The second my mom saw me, I found her eyes filled with horror. "夕暉!着替えて!水族館に行くんでしょ?写真を撮りられるぞ!あなたは見栄えする必要が在る!今すぐ着替えて!(Sekki! Go change! You're going to the aquarium! You'll take pictures! You have to look good! Go change, now!)"

Everytime I tell Mom how fond she is of Oikawa that I almost think that she wants me to marry him, she would defend her side and tell me that I could use a male companion to keep me safe. And Dad simply agrees with her.

"お似合いだね?(Don't they look good together?)"

"確かに!(They certainly do!)"

Oikawa and I were cooking meat as we overheard the talk of his mom and mine. Both of our families decided to go on a roadtrip together, and I can't help but think they're pushing this too much already.

"お母さんは俺たちが結婚すると思いだ (Mom thinks we'll get married)," I said without looking at him.

He scoffed and replied, "言ったでしょ?俺は君の兄じゃない。もちろん、彼らはそのように考える事だ (Didn't I tell you? I'm not your brother. Of course, they'll think that way.)"

This time, I faced him. I made sure he knows I'm not pleased with our situation. "他の誰か好きだ。知ってるでしょ?(You know I like someone else, right?)"

His face darkened and the smile on his lips faded into a straight line. "分かる。思い出させる必要はない (I know. You don't have to remind me.)"

Our relationship worsened without our parents knowing. Until now, they still think we're just how we were like back in middle school. Unfortunately, we're only close now because of our parents. If not for them, we would've separated paths the moment he graduated from middle school.

"遅いだ (You took long)," Oikawa smirked. His hands were tucked in his pockets as his sports bag hung heavily on his shoulder. "俺もう腹減っただよ (I'm getting hungry you know.)"

I walked ahead, but he caught up to walk beside me. "先に帰ろうが出来るぞ (You could've went home first.)"

He looked at me with a teasing smile. "恋人を待ってたい (I wanted to wait for my lover.)"

The veins on my forehead nearly popped from irritation. "絶対また言わない (Never say that again.)" As if I wasn't already annoyed, he laughed at my reaction. Just how insensitive is he. "自分で帰ろう出来る (I can walk home myself.)"