Chapter 11

始めた
Start

-x-

I slept at Oikawa's the night before the second day. Somehow, my heart couldn't feel at ease no matter what I tried to do. A heavy feeling of a bad event coming is scarred in my thoughts. It's really unlucky for the team.

Positive thoughts are what we need right now. And so, I prepared a small gift for Oikawa before hand. Originally, I was going to give him a keychain which matches mine, but I thought that was a bit too much, so I bought him new glasses instead. Watching matches till dawn is the reason why his eyesight is deteriorating and his eye bags are getting bigger.

"もう寝るなさい徹君 (Go to bed already, Tooru-kun.)" I was sitting on his bed, with his blanket already covering my lower half, while he was still walking around preparing for who knows what.

Finally, he came to a stop, sitting on the edge of his bed. His legs were spread apart to support his elbows as his head hung low, eyes staring into space. "夕暉。。(Sekki...)" Oikawa took a deep breath before facing me with puppy eyes, but at the same time, determined ones. "やっぱり見て出来ないの?(I really can't watch?)"

Oh my goodness. This again? He just won't stop! "ダメ!睡眠を必要だろ!(No! You need sleep you know!)" I answered back.

His eyes never left mine, so I could clearly see the slow transition of his facial expression from a pleading puppy, to an alpha wolf.

In the end, his futon on the floor was left messy but empty. We both laid on his bed close to each other. His right arm snaking behind my neck as he held his smartphone with both hands, while I rested on his arm.

"ただ少しね?(Just a little, okay?)" I confirmed, giving his chest a pat.

"うん (Yeah.)" He gave me a nod. I didn't expect him to notice how unsatisfied I was with his response, but he did. Oikawa paused the video and turned his head to me, planting a gentle kiss on my forehead. "お休みなさい。。俺の、恋人 (Good night... My, lover.)"

The both of us laughed at the way he emphasized the word, my. He was still jealous over Shirabu and Kageyama. Shirabu clearly declared war against Tooru the other day, while Kageyama hinted that he could be a potential rival. Honestly Tooru.. I don't think you need to be jealous anymore.

--

This dumbass.

I grabbed his pillow and slammed it down his face. It's 5:55am, and I found Oikawa lying down on his futon on the floor, still sound asleep. The fact that he can control himself is still a surprise for me.

"起きて馬鹿!(Wake up idiot!)" He didn't move an inch. One glance on his face was enough to push me to watch him. I carefully descended from the bed and hovered on top of him to watch him sleep up close.

Oikawa is still handsome even when asleep. His bed hair made him more attractive than he already was. I badly wanted to cup his cheeks, but I wasn't strong enough to hold my body up with only one hand, which gave me an idea. Slowly, I lowered myself to lie down on his chest. But the moment our clothes touched, his arms encircled around my back and he turned to his side to lie me down. "ヤバイ。。バレちゃった (Oh no.. I caught you)," he smiled.

It was too early to start a fight, so there was nothing that I could do except blush. Damn, we don't have time for this. Aoba Johsai has two matches today. He better prepare.

-- ① --

白布賢二郎
「頑張れ」いないの?

Shirabu Kenjiro
No "goodluck"?

------

I have to admit, Shirabu's tone has changed in my head. Physically, it's literally the same tone he's been using since day one. But somehow, it has a different.. impact, on me. Lately.

内山夕暉
必要はない。絶対に勝だ

Uchiyama Sekki
You don't need it. You guys will definitely win.

I flipped my phone close and tucked it in my bag. Yui and I were meeting up at the bus stop to go to the tournament's venue together. And I was late. After helping Tooru get ready, I had to rush back to our home because, apparently, I forgot to pack extra clothes.

Thus, when I met up with Yui, I was completely exhausted. Sweat was rolling down from my head, to my neck, my chest, and I was seated in a non-lady-like manner. It was embarrassing, but the only comfortable position then.

Still drained, I gathered my energy to take a breath and start a conversation with my best friend. "ね。。教えて(Hey.. Tell me.)"

"何?(What?)"

"国見ついて(About Kunimi.)" Immediately, her cheeks blushed. Yui avoided my gaze and kept quiet, not answering me at all. Although, I did nothing but stare at her, she eventually gave in to tell me.

"俺たちが。。あの。。(We.. um..)" Yui played with her fingers, not knowing what to say. Nonetheless, I filled the blanks in my head with "We did something", but who am I to predict. It took her awhile to find the courage to finally say it. Her fingers interlocked with one another, and she finally looked into my eyes with strong determination. "俺たちが付き合ってだ (We're dating.)"

Her statement made me sit up. My jaw fell to the floor, and I think my breath stopped. It was hard to digest this new piece of information. "じゃあー。。もうやったか?(So.. Have you done it already?)" I asked out of curiosity.

In return, she punched my shoulder, harshly. She apologized right after, explaining that it was supposed to be gentler. Yeah, explain to the turtle dummy, you totally did that on purpose.

"何もやったよ!(We didn't do anything!)" That's totally something that someone who did it will say. Her eyes and tone are giving it away!

However, an image of a plain Kunimi, with his tongue out, popped up in my head. Yeah, he definitely doesn't give out that vibe. No wonder. Yui must've been turned off.

The more I voiced out my opinions on them, the more Yui scolded me for thinking that way. I don't get it. It's completely normal. Half of the students in our class were no longer virgins. Fortunately, I'm one of those lucky children who is raised by traditional parents.

So traditional, they'd set me up with Oikawa. Oh damn, and he's a setter. That's a joke I made on a whim. Seriously Sekki. How could you spend a lot of time with the Seijoh boys and yet still have zero humor?

Eventually, we reached the venue. The volleyball teams were then prepped and all ready for their respective matches. As Yui and I made our way to Aoba Johsai's area in the audience seats, I fished my phone out of my bag to message Oikawa.

内山夕暉
贈り物在るんだ。見つけったの?鞄の中で

Uchiyama Sekki
I have a gift for you. Did you find it? It's inside your bag.

His reply was so instant, I didn't need to close my phone to wait. It was already there.

-- ① --

及川徹
おー!メガネだね?ありがとう!

Oikawa Tooru
Oh! Glasses, right? Thanks!

------

A wave of disappointment hit my heart, but I guess, it's fine. His reply is dry because he's busy. I'm an understanding individual. I get it. I placed my phone back in my bag and talked to Yui more about our cut conversation in the bus.

It didn't take long for the team to make their appearance. Then and there, the quarter finals began. My heart couldn't stop racing.

Aoba Johsai     vs     Date Tech