Chapter 25

及川夕暉の秘密
Oikawa Sekki's Secret

-x-

I didn't see myself ever getting married.

My parents advised me not to get close to any guy, but when Oikawa Tooru entered my life, the tables turned. My parents wanted me to be close to one guy, and only him, Oikawa Tooru.

He didn't win them with his name, or achievements, or academics. He won them by his actions alone. Tooru emitted a gentleman's aura whenever he visited my family. He gained their trust, making them think he's worthy to be my partner in life.

At that time, it felt terrible. If I could talk to my past self, I would just laugh and give her a pat on the shoulder. My only advice is.. Please go easy on our future husband.

Husband.

I lifted my hand and stared at the ring he gave me. It was tiny, but I loved it that way. I like to keep my accessories simple, and he knew that without having to ask me. After that change I went through back in highschool, he changed with me too.

The paths we took led us to who we are now. Thanks to the distance we maintained from each other, we were able to grow into a better version of us as individuals, and thanks to our bond, we didn't let that change break us apart. Sometimes change can be scary, and it might just be. But overcoming change gives you a whole different level of happiness. It's worth fighting through.

"ヤバイ!太っている!(Crap! I got fatter!)" Shiro panicked. She had a hard time zipping the back of her dress this time around. It was a perfect fit during the first fitting. There's no other reason for this. She did, get fat. She gave up pulling the zipper. Fire engulfed her demonic face. "鉄朗のせいだ!(This is all Tetsurou's fault!)" she yelled. Ah, crap. He probably heard that from outside the fitting room.

We had a week left till the wedding, which is exactly a year after he proposed to me in the volleyball gym of Aoba Johsai. Our itinerary for today was the last fitting session, finalizing the playlist for the reception, confirming the number of guests, choosing a bouquet, and making last-minute adjustments to the budget and a potential overflow in it.

Planning for a wedding is stressful. In the midst of it, I kinda wanted to throw away all the planning and marry Tooru on the spot, but that resulted to this. I peeked at the pregnancy test inside my bag. Tooru and I haven't seen each other for three weeks already, which is a challenge the group agreed to follow. The bride and groom will not meet in person for a month before the wedding, just to spice things up. But because of that, Tooru hasn't noticed the small headaches and morning sicknesses that I've been having.

For the whole month of separation, the girls agreed to stay at a hotel together till the wedding. It's a bit expensive.. Which supports my point as to why getting married is a pain!

While Shiro was talking with the tailor, I felt my stomach swell. That was probably chime up my throat. My hand flew to my mouth, stopping myself from vomiting on the spot. I ran out of the fitting room to the comfort room, catching a glimpse of a shocked and worried Kuroo as I passed.

Upon reaching the comfort room, I slammed the door open for one of the cubicles and vomited my insides out. So much came out, I almost wanted to hug the toilet bowl. Damn you Oikawa Tooru. If you wanted a baby, can't you make it easy for me. Why not I make the baby and you carry them for 9 months, huh?! Useless partner—

"夕暉!(Sekki!)" Kuroo's voice stormed along with the slamming of the door open.

Another dickhead—