Chapter 15

作戦始まる
Start the Plan

-x-

This time, Oikawa and I slept in the same bed, with a pillow in the middle. But when we woke up, that pillow was on the floor, but the gap between us was still wide and left uncrossed. And unlike the usual, he was the one who woke me up to remind me that I'm meeting up with the girls today. I asked him if he wanted to come, but he refused and said that I deserves time with the girls.

"行って来ます(I'm leaving)," I said out of habit, wearing my shoes outside the door.

"待て (Wait.)" Before I could even look back at him, his fingers squished my cheeks, turning my head up so that he could kiss my lips. "行ってらしゃい (Have a safe trip)," he whispered.

My cheeks flushed red, and I wasn't able to complain because he already laughed at my reaction. That boy. I don't understand what I see in him. What I saw in him. Goodness.

--

Tooru never left my mind even when I was already on the bus with the girls, and Bokuto. Suzuki was falling asleep on Bokuto's shoulder, and this time around, he seemed to emit a more caring and calm vibe, something unexpected from what I came to know about him.

Yui, Shiro, and I were on the other side of the bus, revising the plan. Shiro was on the verge of backing out because she was too nervous to go on a date with her crush. Yui claimed that Kuroo Tetsurou will definitely come with Kozume, so Bokuto's presence will come in handy.

"鈴木さん(Suzuki-san.)" An unfamiliar voice made all our heads to turn to that direction. A raven-haired guy was standing in front of Bokuto and Suzuki with a straight face.

Slowly, I glanced at Bokuto who had a faint hint of irritation in his eyes with the guy in front of them. Is he—

"赤葦さん (Akaashi-san.)" Suzuki rubbed her eyes awake. "何故此処に居るのですか?(Why are you here?)" she asked.

Yup, I'm right. It's the third corner in the love triangle. I'm not involved, but I can already tell.

"一致だけ (Just a coincidence)," he replied, with a stoic look. It almost feels like he has no emotions, but if you just observe him better, he's just really really calm.

The rest of our bus ride was chill on our part, and quite.. full of tension for Suzuki. Yui and Shiro were blabbering about random stuff, and I join in, whenever I'm done replying to Oikawa's mail. If he's going to be like this, he should've come instead. It would be great for him to meet Bokuto. Their brains will probably connect.

--

The situation went according to plan. Akaashi was left on the bus, since it really just was coincidence. Once we met up with the cats, Bokuto already stole Kuroo Tetsurou away. He didn't even have a second to introduce himself to us. Kozume was left alone with the shy Shiro, while Yui and I pretended to leave them, just to keep a safe distance to spy on them.

Yui passed me a turquoise wig, similar to Seijoh's volleyball color, and a coat to cover up my already seen outfit. I kept Tooru updated with what we were doing, so when he found out I'm having a disguise, he persuaded me to send him a selfie. In the end, Yui took a picture of me, for him, and sent it without me even checking it.

-- ① --

及川徹
可愛い!ウォールペーパーして

Oikawa Tooru
Cute! I'll make it my wallpaper

------

I immediately viewed the picture Yui took. My cheeks were blushing and, I definitely had a frown on my face. My body was in a shy defensive stance. There's nothing cute about me in the picture.

内山夕暉
削除して!

Uchiyama Sekki
Delete it!

-- ① --

及川徹
いや

Oikawa Tooru
No way

------

Ugh.

Before my frustrations consumed any more of my mentality, I furiously flipped my phone close, and focused on my secret mission with Yui instead.

"二人が。。恥ずかしくないのね?(The two.. are not embarrassed at all, aren't they?)" I stated. Yui simply nodded with it.

Kozume was really quiet, unless Shiro talks to him. Then, the two of them fell quiet as they walked. Yui and I were complaining at Shiro's weakness. Until they stopped, then we both stopped too. Shiro turned to Kozume, all bright red and him too, looking flustered and not knowing what to say.

"黒尾は真実を語った (Kuroo said the truth)," Shiro started. Yui and I were already panicking by the time she said this. "孤爪さんの事が好きです (I like you, Kozume-san.)"

"知っている(I know)," Kozume sighed with a tired smile. "だから俺はこれに同意しただぞ (That's why I agreed to this.)"

It took a second delay before Yui and I ran as far as possible from the two just to scream our feelings out. I can't believe it's going well for them!!

内山夕暉
成功!!

Uchiyama Sekki
It was a success!!

I got a reply from him instantly.

-- ① --

及川徹
さすがだな :)

Oikawa Tooru
As expected of you :)

------

Somehow, that smile emoticon at the end made the sound of his voice in my head even sweeter than how his normal voice sounds like. Damn, I can't wait to go home to him.

Yui and I decided to walk around the district while we waited for Shiro's date to end. Accidentally, we spotted Suzuki with Bokuto and Kuroo not afar. The two boys stayed outside while Suzuki entered a shop alone. We were close enough too to hear what they were talking about.

"何でしたの?(Why did you do it?)" Bokuto asked with a bit of low chuckles escaping with his words.

Kuroo's face fell serious, and with this, so dod Bokuto's. "好きだって(Because I like her)," he reasoned. I couldn't help but think that he was referring to Shiro. Yui's face was slowly turning blue from the effort she made to keep her feelings in tact. That was definitely big news. None of us thought Kuroo liked Shiro.

"ヤ〜。。他の女探すだろ(Hey~.. Just look for another woman)," Bokuto suggested. Not that it's a bad idea, because it's definitely not cool to stay in love with someone who loves someone else. But. Like. I kinda anticipated how it might turn out with Kuroo and Shiro. I mean. Oh. I mean.. Their names match. It's meant to be!

[ Extra information: Kuro is black in japanese, while Shiro is white ]

"要らない。バーレーもういい (That's not needed. I'm already good with volleyball)," Kuroo replied with a confident smirk, and Bokuto returned it.

Just after their conversation on Shiro ended, Suzuki finally exited the shop with a hot beverage in her hand.

"マジ疲れたの?(You're that tired?)" Kuroo asked as they started walking again. He dug his hands in his pocket and looked down at Suzuki like he was babysitting her.

"うん。いつも通りだ (Yeah. Like always.)" Suzuki simply nodded. She discreetly used her eyes to look at our direction and let out a small smirk when she saw us. Goodness, there's really a connection between the brains of women.