Chapter 14

ちょっと休み
A Short Vacation

-x-

The five of us were sitting on a round table in the coffee shop. Each of us had an iced beverage each. I don't know how it got to this, but all of us were focused on the plan Yui proposed.

The plan was for Bokuto to get the Nekoma captain busy and away from Kenma and Shiro. At first, it sounded weird to have Bokuto involved in the planning stage, but then I found out that he was courting Suzuki, which explains his will to help.

Speaking of Suzuki, she let out a reserved and sophisticated aura, and her movements are graceful. She was admirable. Clearly not the perfect match for Bokuto. One look, I already knew their personalities don't match. Bokuto Koutaro had a more wild and carefree aura. But then of course, love can be weird. I guess.

When Yui finished explaining the plan, our topic strayed from Shiro's issue and we got to know each other.

I found out that Shiro and Suzuki are close friends because of the bond between Fukurodani and Nekoma's volleyball teams. Meanwhile, Yui met Suzuki when they were still little. She used to live in Tokyo. I would say it's a coincidence, but I'm pretty sure Yui and Shiro are gonna argue that it's fate.

"鈴木、赤葦は俺を探してる(Suzuki, Akaashi's looking for me)," Bokuto stated out of the blue, his eyes still stuck on his phone screen but he already got up his seat. "明日またね (See you tomorrow okay)," he greeted.

Suzuki let out a hum and a little nod. He looked amused by her subtle reply. There must be something about her that he really likes for him to see her in a romantic way with how she treats him.

Once Bokuto was out of the store, Suzuki let out a sigh and smiled at us. It's been the same from the start, but her vibe changed a little now.

"女の子だけ一緒に快適だって(I'm only comfortable with girls)," Suzuki explained with gentle eyes. It's like she read my mind. She looked upset with that trait of hers, like it couldn't be helped.

"木兎さんを好きなの?(Do you like Bokuto-san?)" I asked out of curiosity. When her eyes made contact with mine, her cheeks were bright red, and I immediately felt ashamed for asking such a question.

Suzuki played with her fingers and replied, "いいえ、無理。私はあまりにも忙しい (No, impossible. I'm too busy.)"

Oh god, it's the same thing I said about Tooru. She's definitely gonna end up with him.

"ヤ〜この女が日本の最高のスケーターだよ (Hey~ This girl is Japan's best skater you know.)" Shiro wrapped her arm around a then flustered Suzuki.

I gasped at what Shiro said. That explains her gracefulness! "スケート見てたい!(I wanna watch you skate!)" Suzuki got even more flustered by my remark.

The four of us continued to tell stories about one another. And what I learned from it is that, for Shiro, Nekoma's captain gets down on his knees because she's too great in volleyball. Although it seems impossible. She claims that it was the reason why he took revenge on her by exposing her feelings to Kozume Kenma. Right, and the captain's name is Kuroo Tetsurou. She told us to be careful of him because he could be deceiving.

For Suzuki, I found out that despite Bokuto's courtship, she was often with the setter, Akaashi Keiji. She explained that it was because Bokuto wants to always be by her side, but he can't always do that, so he makes Akaashi accompany her instead. My opinion suddenly changed on who she'll end up with. Haven't she heard of the person bridging two people is digging his own pit to fall in love? I don't know their full story, but I can already tell this Akaashi Keiji won't have it easy in the future.

And apparently, I've been so busy with Tooru that I just found out that Yui and Kunimi are moving in together after highschool. Isn't it a bit too early to plan for that?!

"夕暉!(Sekki!)" a boyish voice entered the shop. We all turned to the guy approaching us. Tooru was wearing the glasses that I gifted him. His navy blue coat covered up his three-layered clothing, and he carried his school sports bag across his shoulder.

Suzuki's lips parted when she saw Tooru. Her eyes were literally saying 'This guy looks stunning'. I mean, of course. He's Oikawa Tooru. On the other hand, Shiro was smirking as if she's been waiting for this moment to come, while Yui frowned since she was late with the news. Honestly, even I didn't know we're lovers already. I have a crush on Kageyama Tobio for goodness sake, and Shirabu Kenjiro just called me his woman.

I have no concern with Kageyama, knowing that he's a volleyball addict, but Shirabu Kenjiro... Somehow, I've got a feeling that regardless of what happens, our friendship will stay. After, he make Tooru pay for 'stealing his girl'. Oh, it's terrible to be in the center of volleyball.

"ヤホ〜!(Yohoo~!)" Tooru smiled at us with a small wave of his hand. His eyes turned to me. "夕暉、俺たちは宿に休み。OK?(Sekki, we're resting at an inn. Okay?)"

"優衣はー (Yui—)"

"俺に家は大丈夫だね?ゆちゃん (My house is good right? Yu-chan)," Shiro declared like she was battling with Tooru. Yui agreed with the same level of enthusiasm though.

Tooru was smiling at us, but it faded away when he noticed Suzuki. She seemed to get this and introduced herself right away. "鈴木蓮です(Suzuki Ren.)" She lowered her head.

"俺は及川徹、宜しく!(I'm Oikawa Tooru, nice to meet you!)" he grinned.

"元気だな及川 (You're in a great mood huh, Oikawa.)" Shiro rested her chin on her palm as amusement painted her entire face.

"当然だ (Of course.)" He laid his eyes on me. "遂に、夕暉が俺を「恋人」と呼んだ (Finally, Sekki called me her lover.)"

He better shut his mouth before I flush him down a toilet.

"へ。。そうなのセッチ〜 (Heh.. Is that so, Se-cchi~)" Shiro's tease made my hair stand from my legs to my head.

I'm glad Tooru was able to notice my discomfort and suggested that we go to the inn first, leaving the three of them in the coffee shop. But, they did say they'll get going too.

--

Tooru rested his head on my lap. We both changed to our night clothes already. "疲れたか?(You tired?)" I asked him, caressing his cheek gently.

He opened his eyes and raise his hand to do the same to my cheek. "少しだけ (Just a little)," he admitted with squinted eyes.

I started to sing softly for him. My hand moved down to hold his as he rested go the sound of my voice.

There's not much difference, spending a room alone with him in Tokyo, but the thought of being far from home with him created a little excitement in my heart.