Chapter 16

白布の女
Shirabu's Woman

-x-

It was just a weekend, but parting with Shiro and Suzuki was difficult. Tooru kept rubbing my shoulders on the bus to calm me down from leaving the two. Yui was simply annoyed watching us, and kept her attention on her phone instead. Probably mailing Kunimi.

What cut the atmosphere was two consecutive notifications from Shirabu. Tooru didn't need to lean close to read it with me because of his glasses. He just used his eyes to look subtly.

-- ② --

白布健二郎
会いたい

白布健二郎
大丈夫です、及川さん。何もしてです

Shirabu Kenjiro
I want to meet you.

Shirabu Kenjiro
Don't worry, Oikawa-san. I won't do anything.

------

His second message was sketchy, so my head turned to Tooru with a dark expression on my face. My hunch was right. He was already sweating and smiling with guilt.

"何がした?(What did you do?)"

Tooru used his index finger to gently scratch his cheek. His eyes were avoiding to make contact with mine. He definitely did something! "ちょっと。。話すだけだ(We just.. talked a little.)"

I cannot believe this guy. I can't say I'm angry at what he did, but he can be such a possessive lover sometimes.

内山夕暉
いいよ、何処か?

Uchiyama Sekki
Sure, where?

Yui was fine when I told her that I couldn't go home with her. Apparently, she and Kunimi were going out to date. So, Tooru and I headed to the park where we agreed to meet Shirabu without any trouble. In our emails, I already told Shirabu that Tooru will be accompanying me. The fact that he didn't mind Tooru's presence already told me that he's meeting us maturely and on serious matters. Nonetheless, my lover is annoyed, definitely still jealous. I'm just glad that his jealousy is in the healthy range.

"夕暉(Sekki)," Shirabu called. He wa sitting on the bench with a purple cap on his head and a thick jacket on top of his casual clothes.

Oikawa and I stopped in front of him, as he stayed seated on the bench. "何だその格好?(What's with the look?)" My brows met while my eyes scanned his appearance.

"彼女が怖い。。(She's scary..)" He looked at the ground, his cheeks getting all red and his hands were nervously digging in his jacket's pockets.

"あーっ!(Ah—!)" Tooru exclaimed. The both of us turned to him. He hit the bottom of his fist on his open palm and said, "日野歩美だろ?(Hino Ayumi, right?)"

For a short while, my brain thought that oh wow, Shirabu has an admirer. But on second thought..

I shot Tooru a lethal glare and immediately, drops of sweat trickled down the side of his face. His forehead slowly turned blue, losing all the blood it had.

Forcing a smile on my lips, my eyes disappeared from it. "何で知っているのですか徹?(Why do you know her, Tooru?)" I asked in a light voice unnatural to my usual one.

"あーあの。。だ。。誰かな?日野歩美。全然知ってない (U-Uhm.. W-Who? Hino Ayumi. I don't know her at all.)" he began to laugh nervously. Both Shirabu and I could tell that he's a hopeless case.