Chapter 7

白布も
Even Shirabu

-x-

After my call with Oikawa, I told Shirabu that I wouldn't be able to go out with them to celebrate his birthday, due to some reasons I no longer elaborated on. It felt embarrassing for me to cancel our plans last-minute, so I ended up apologizing many times until Shirabu called shortly just to calm me down.

I woke up to Oikawa's mail, saying that he's coming over just to make sure I really won't go out with Shirabu. He even had that angry kaomoji. A very angry one, with steam coming out of the face and everything. So then, I ended up having breakfast with a pretty boy staring at me as I eat.

"何故此処に?(Why are you here?)" I asked before putting a piece of mackerel in my mouth. "キャンプ終わったか?(Is the camp done?)"

He shook his head. "ただ欲しいだって (I just wanted to)," he said plainly, as if it wasn't a big deal. I warned him to go back immediately after I give Shirabu his gift, and he simply replied that he did initially plan to do that.

The ring of the doorbell interrupted our breakfast. I laid down my chopsticks while Oikawa's eyes frustratingly shifted to the direction of the door. As I approached it, Oikawa followed behind me. I wonder how Shirabu's face will look like when he sees Oikawa.

Turning the door handle, I swung the door open and found Shirabu's usual stoic face. His eyes slightly lit up when he noticed Oikawa. "白布!お誕生日おめでとう!(Shirabu! Happy birthday!)" I greeted. He returned my smile. "ちょっと待てね、贈り物を貰えだけだ (Wait a minute, I'll just get your gift)." I rushed up to my room, leaving them there.

Knowing Oikawa, he's probably staring down at Shirabu. I hurriedly snatched the gift off my table to run back downstairs. But before I could show myself, I peeked at them first. They were talking seriously, but I couldn't hear it. I couldn't hear anything at all. This sucks. Well, I'll just cut them off anyway.

"はい、これ!(Here!)" I presented him the gift.

"あるがとう夕暉 (Thanks, Sekki.)" His eyes sparkled differently this time when he took the present from me. "じゃ、もう行って来るよ。瀬見さんは俺を待てた (Well, I'll take my leave now. Semi-san is waiting for me)," his attention kept shifting from me and Oikawa.

Just as I thought he was gonna leave, he leaned close to plant a long kiss on my cheek. It took me by surprise, and I don't even want to think of Oikawa's reaction right now. "これありがとうな。。夕暉 (Thanks for this.. Sekki.)" He flashed a smile before turning his feet to leave. There was something about the way he said my name. It felt different. It's like something in him changed. But what was it, I don't know.

The intimidating and heavy radiation coming from behind me couldn't be ignored. "あの奴 (That guy)," Oikawa grunted, with his veins popping out of his head and darkness consuming his consciousness.

This might take a while. It will take a while.

My head hurt as I ate. Oikawa was staring into space, voicing out the worst of the worst insults he knew in his head. I couldn't eat properly knowing that Oikawa is like this, Shirabu just gave me a kiss, and, neither of them are even my crush!

Why can't fate bless me with Kageyama Tobio's kiss instead? Why did Shirabu do that? Why is Oikawa even still sticking to me? Why, are they all setters?!

These volleyball geeks better stay put in their natural habitat, the court. They don't belong to me. They should, shoo. Except Kageyama Tobio. Fate, please.