Chapter 4

君青葉城西に属して
You belong to Aoba Johsai

-x-

Oikawa was flooding my inbox. It was pretty annoying. One of his messages said that if I cancel my date with Shirabu, he'd buy me ice cream. How old does he think I am?!

I closed my phone and placed it back inside my bag as my feet brought me to the convenience store where Shirabu and I will meet. Before I even saw the store, I felt gentle fingers interlace mine. Looking to my left, and up, I found Shirabu beside me with a small smile.

"やー(Hey)," he greeted.

As much as how we look now, we aren't a couple. We're just, close enough to hold hands I guess. Today, he's going to accompany me shop. I intended to shop with him because I'm gonna get him new shoes for his future matches. He doesn't know it yet, but he will, soon. His birthday is coming up.

"バレージャケットを着ている理由を教えて(Tell me why are you wearing your volleyball jacket)," I started our conversation.

The two of us were focused in front while walking with our hands still together. Some may not know the great impact the type of hand-holding that we're doing: The Lovers' Bind. Shirabu's always been spontaneous. I couldn't read his mind unless it was volleyball-related. Maybe I got influenced too much by the volleyball addicts. There was something in his mind, I knew, but I couldn't tell what.

"何故か?(Why?)" He pulled his hand away to take his jacket off only to put it over my shoulders. "持って来ないことは知ってだって。着てて(I knew you wouldn't bring one. Wear it.)"

I rolled my eyes as I wore his jacket. An Aoba Johsai girl wearing a Shiratorizawa jacket, what a disgrace. I've worn Oikawa's shirt volleyball practice shirt before, but, it feels fine because I'm from Aoba Johsai. I want to wear Karasuno's volleyball jacket. It's plain black, but I want to. Because Kageyama Tobio wears it. I wonder if it smells manly, or flowery. Is its fabric thick? Is it comfortable? Will its sleeves be so long, I won't be able to see my hands?

Before I knew it, our fingers were interlaced again. I had to pull the sleeves up a little just to see my own hand. Shirabu may be short, but I'm clearly shorter. Sometimes, while walking home with Oikawa, I imagine that he's Kageyama Tobio. Their heights are almost similar, if I'm not wrong.

Shirabu's hand never left mine unless he and I find something we really like. We've been walking around for awhile, but our hands never felt sweaty. It's probably unbelievable for other people when they find out that there's nothing going on between Shirabu and I. It'll be hard to explain too. If Oikawa finds out, that'll be trouble.

"白布?(Shirabu?)" a male's voice called out from behind.

We both stopped our feet in tandem before looking behind. "瀬見さん(Semi-san)," Shirabu said. He let go of my left hand to face Semi behind. I didn't expect him to hold my right hand after that. I have a bad feeling about this.

Semi's eyes fell to me. He scanned me from head to toe, before his eyes followed my arms down to my hand, which Shirabu was holding onto.

Like Oikawa, he seemed to have a switch. His facial expression fell dark before starting to speak. "彼女か?(Your girlfriend?)" The corner of his lips was hesitantly being tugged up. I don't.. Maybe he's irritated or something.

I broke away from Shirabu's hand, and he seemed shocked by it. I even heard him gasp. With my hands together, I bowed slightly to greet Semi. "宜しくお願いします。内山夕暉です(Nice to meet you. I'm Uchiyama Sekki.)"