Chapter 20

女性と一緒に
With The Girls

-x-

I was able to go to school in peace the next day. It was never made public, but the school authorities found out about what happened and suspended her from school. They even made her apologize to me. My mom requested for her to be expelled, but I myself, stopped her. It's hard to let go of a school that took care of you well.

"優しいすぎる(You're too nice)," Yui commented. She passed me my bento then sat down beside me at the side of the gym. We've gotten used to the screeching sound of shoes on the floor and the hard hitting of balls. The third years didn't necessarily need to show up for practice, but Tooru and Iwaizumi insisted anyway.

Yui and I opened our bentos at the same time. She shared that Kunimi made her bento, which I could not imagine. Nevertheless, my bento will forever look better if I made it, and not Tooru. "今二人は何処?(Where are the two now?)" she asked before taking her first bite.

Meanwhile, I already stuffed rice into my mouth I think three times. Placing my chopsticks on my bento, I reached for my phone in my bag. Cold prickly chills made my hair stand when I realized I had 3 missed calls from Shiro. Crap.

I swallowed the rice in my mouth and called Shiro. She answered it on the first ring. "もう時間だぞ!君たちは何処だ?!(It's time already! Where are you guys?!)"

My irises looked to the side even if Shiro couldn't see me. "学校です (School.)"

"早く!(Hurry up!)" she yelled before hanging up the call. Damn. Shiro never got so scary. It must be big news.

I told Yui the situation, and like me, she completely lost track of time. "徹!(Tooru!)" Because of my call, he missed his jump serve and had the ball hit him on his head. I'm sorry. "俺たちはシっちを会えてる!(We're going to meet Shi-cchi!)" He gave me a thumbs up, and Yui and I dashed out of the gym.

There was a planned meeting with Shiro and Suzuki today. I invited Hino too. The other two didn't complain, they actually encouraged me to. Shiro was the one who started this idea. She said that she needed to be away for awhile, but according to my mails with Suzuki, it was actually a different case. Apparently, Kuroo is the reason as to why Shiro's acting this way. She said that he had finally done it.

"日野さん!(Hino-san!)" I hugged her the moment I saw her by the coffee shop. "来たくれて良かった、会いたかった!(I'm glad you came, I missed you!)"

We've been talking more than I did with Shirabu. Mainly because I've been lecturing him into treating Hino better. Reading her mails to me in a happy tone made me happy too. I had to tease Shirabu every time.

Yui asked, "他には?(Where are the others?)" Her head scanned the perimeter, but found no signs of Suzuki nor Shiro.

Seconds later, two shadows approached us from afar. It was them. Which made me conclude. Shiro pranked us into showing up early. This girl.

"やー。。会いたかったぜ (Agh—.. I missed you both.)" Shiro pulled both Yui and I by the neck into a tight uncomfortable embrace. "オース!日野歩美だろ?俺は渡辺白。宜しく!(Yo! You're Hino Ayumi, right? I'm Watanabe Shiro. Nice to meet you!)"

Suzuki bowed and introduced herself too. "私は鈴木蓮です。宜しくお願いします(I'm Suzuki Ren. It's a pleasure to meet you.)"

I could tell by Hino's expression how overwhelmed she was by Suzuki and Shiro. In my opinion, she might get along with Suzuki better since they're similar, but Shiro does have the skill to get along with anyone. Hiro introduced herself with a proper bow. Shiro laughing at her formality didn't help her calm down. Only time will help her adjust to these two.